IAS 2022– UPSC will release the IAS exam 2022 notification on February 2. Along with the UPSC CSE 2022 notification, candidates will be able to access the UPSC IAS application form 2022. The notification and form of UPSC IAS 2022 will be hosted on upsc.gov.in. Only graduate candidates satisfying the age limit are eligible for UPSC CSE 2022 exam. The last date to apply for UPSC IAS 2022 is February 22. UPSC will conduct the IAS Prelims 2022 on June 5, 2022.
UPSC Civil Services 2022 selection process includes 03 phases i.e Preliminary Written Test, Mains Written Exam and Personality Test/ Interview. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Civil Services Exam for recruitment to the posts under Central Government. Read the article to know all about UPSC IAS 2022 exam notification, syllabus, eligibility and more.
UPSC IAS 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2022 Exam|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Level of Exam||National|
|UPSC Vacancies 2022||712 approx|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Mode||Offline – Pen and Paper Mode|
|Selection Process||Prelims – Mains (Written) – Mains (Interview)|
|Application Fee (Prelims)||100|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||
011-23098543 / 23385271 / 23381125 / 23098591
|UPSC 2022 Official Website||www.upsc.gov.in|
IAS 2022 Exam Date
UPSC has released the UPSC CSE 2022 exam date in the UPSC exam calendar 2022. Refer the below table to check the UPSC 2022 exam date below-
UPSC Exam Date 2022
|Event||UPSC 2022 exam date|
|Issuance of Official UPSC Notification||February 2, 2022|
|Online Registration for IAS Exam 2022 Start Date||February 2, 2022|
|Last Date for submitting online registration||February 22, 2022|
|Release of UPSC IAS 2022 Admit Card||1st week of June 2022|
|UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2022 Exam Date||June 5, 2022|
|IAS Prelims 2022 Result Date||July 2022|
|UPSC Civil Services (Main) 2022 Exam Date||September 16, 2022|
|Declaration of IAS 2022 Main Result||November 2022|
|Interview Dates||February 2022|
IAS 2022 Vacancies
The commission will release the UPSC 2022 vacancies along with the UPSC notification. Below is the UPSC vacancy 2022.
Tentative Total Number of Posts- Approx 712
- Person with blindness and low vision- 08 Posts
- Person with deaf and hard of hearing- 11 Posts
- Persons with loco motor disability- 15 Posts
- Persons with Multiple disabilities- 5 Posts
Candidates must satisfy the given UPSC 2022 eligibility before filling the form. The details will be released in the UPSC 2022 notification
- Nationality- Only Indian citizens having valid ID proof are eligible to apply for IAS exam 2021
- UPSC 2022 Age Limit (as on August 1, 2022)– Candidate’s age must fall between 21 years to 32 years i.e. he/she must have been born not before than 2 August 1988 and not after than 1 August 1999.
- Minimum Educational Qualifications- Candidates must possess a graduate degree of any of the recognized universities.
Candidates who will satisfy all the eligibility criteria can apply online through the UPSC’s Official Website. UPSC IAS application form 2022 should be filled with correct and valid details. Candidates need to follow the mentioned steps to apply for UPSC Civil Services 2022.
- Visit the official website of UPSC– or click the above-provided link
- Read the mentioned instruction carefully
- Fill all the personal and academic details in the required spaces
- Submit the prescribed application fee either by net-banking, e-challan form or by using any Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card
- Upload the recent scanned copy of passport size photograph and signature of specified dimensions
- Click “Submit” to fill the IAS 2022 online forms
- Take the print copy of the Confirmation page
Note- Before starting filling up of the UPSC IAS 2022 forms, a candidate must have duly scanned copy of a passport size photograph and signature in the jpg format that should not be exceeded 40 KB and must not be below than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
UPSC IAS 2022 Application Fee– Candidates need to pay an application fee of Rs. 100/- either by depositing the amount in any branch of the State Bank of India (SBI) by cash, or by using the net banking facility of the State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card. SC/ST/ Female/Physically Handicapped candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
The admit card of IAS exam 2022 will be issued 03 weeks prior to the commencement of the exam. The direct link to access the e-admit card will be uploaded on the official web portal of the UPSC. To download UPSC Civil Services 2022 admit card, candidates will need their registration number or roll number and date of birth. Candidates should note that no candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall without the admit card of UPSC 2021 exam.
UPSC 2022 Strategy
Candidates should make a good UPSC 2022 study plan to prepare for IAS exam effectively. The study plan should have ample division of time so that they can focus on each subject. Qualifying only one of two subject is not enough, candidates have to excel in all the subjects with good marks hence creating UPSC 2022 strategy is a must. To make a good study plan for UPSC IAS 2022, candidates must be aware of what to and how to prepare for UPSC Civil Services 2022. Below are the exam pattern and syllabus details that will help students to make a good UPSC IAS plan 2022.
UPSC 2022 exam consists 3 stages including prelims, main and interview. IAS exam pattern 2022 for all the stages is different. Candidates should prepare General studies for prelims exam, while for main exam students have to prepare optional subjects and languages for the main exam. UPSC 2022 prelims is an objective type exam
UPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
|Paper||No. of questions||Marks||Duration||Negative marks|
|General Studies I||100||200||2 hours||Yes|
|General Studies II (CSAT)||80||200||2 hours||Yes|
UPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2022
|S.No.||Name of the Paper||Marks allotted|
|A||1 Language from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution||
300 (Qualifying Only)
300 (Qualifying Only)
|2||General Studies I||250|
|3||General Studies II||250|
|4||General Studies III||250|
|5||General Studies IV||250|
|6||Optional Subject Paper I||250|
|7||Optional Subject Paper I||250|
|IAS Main (written) Total||1750|
|Personality Test (IAS Interview)||275|
UPSC IAS 2022 Syllabus
Along with the exam pattern, candidates should have the details of UPSC 2022 syllabus. The syllabus of IAS exam 2022 contains important topics and chapters that are need to be prepared for the exam. The topics of UPSC IAS syllabus is similar to Class 9 and 10th level. Candidates are advised to stay connected with current happening to cover the topics of general studies.
UPSC IAS Answer Key 2022
Many coaching institutes release the UPSC answer key on the exam day. Only the answer key of UPSC IAS 2022 prelims will be released as the main exam is of descriptive nature. Candidates will be able to calculate their scores in the UPSC prelims 2022 exam. The commission will release the answer key of IAS 2022 exam after the declaration of final result.
UPSC IAS 2022 Question Paper
UPSC will release the IAS question paper 2022 a few days after the exam. However, some coaching institutes will release the answer key and question paper of UPSC IAS exam 2022 on the exam day. Candidates can also download the previous year’s IAS question papers to check the difficulty level of the exam. The question paper pdf are available at upsc.nic.in.
UPSC IAS 2022 Selection Process
Selection of the eligible candidates will be made based on the performance of the candidates in IAS prelims, main exam followed by interview. On the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in IAS 2022, post and services will be assigned to the candidates.
UPSC will declare the Civil Services 2022 result online after one month from the commencement of IAS exam 2022. Candidates who will qualify the preliminary IAS 2022 will be called to appear in the main examination. Civil Services Main 2022 Exam will be held on September 16, 2022. Candidates who will attain the IAS 2022 Cutoff will be called to appear in Interview/ Personality test.
IAS 2022 Cut Off
Candidates who attain the minimum cut off marks in UPSC IAS 2022 will be called for the next round of recruitment process of IAS exam 2022. Check the previous year’s IAS cut off
IAS Cut off Marks 2016
IAS 2022 Exam Centers
Here we have mentioned a few IAS exam centres 2022. Download the IAS exam 2022 notification for complete details
UPSC 2022 Exam Centres
|Agartala||Ghaziabad||Gautam Buddh Nagar||Agra||Gorakhpur|
UPSC Civil Services 2022- List of Posts
Candidates who will qualify the IAS 2022 will be appointed under below given services as per their marks and rank in UPSC CSE 2022.
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’