IAS Eligibility 2021- UPSC will release the complete IAS exam eligibility 2021 along with notification. Candidates will be able to check the IAS 2021 age limit, minimum qualification, nationality and more in IAS 2021 eligibility. Before filling the IAS 2021 application form, candidates must satisfy the eligibility of IAS 2021. UPSC will reject the forms of ineligible candidates without any prior notice. According to the IAS eligibility 2021, candidate’s age should be between 21 to 32 years. Besides, only graduate candidates can apply for Civil Services 2021 exam. Read the article for the complete IAS 2021 eligibility.
IAS Eligibility 2021 Age Limits
The age of the applicant must be between 21 years to 32 Years as on August 1, 2021 i.e. a candidate must have been born after than August 2, 1989 and before than August 1, 2000.
Note- Only Matriculation certificate or equivalent will be accepted as the proof of age.
IAS 2021 Age Relaxation
|Category||IAS Age Relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||05 Years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||03 Years|
|Domiciled Candidate of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989||05 Years|
|Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||03 Years|
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2016||05 Years|
|Blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons||10 Years|
IAS Eligibility 2021 Educational Qualifications
- The candidate must possess a graduation degree from any of the recognised University or equivalent qualification.
- Candidates appearing in the last year of their graduation are also eligible to appear in the IAS exam provided that they will hold a graduate degree before the main examination.
- Candidates who will be declared qualified by the Commission for appearing in the Civil Services (Main) Exam will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite exam while applying for the Main Exam.
IAS Eligibility 2021 Nationality
Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services 2021 Examination. Make sure you have a valid ID proof stating your nationality. Candidates have to bring a valid ID proof along with the IAS 2021 admit card while appearing in the preliminary examination.
IAS Eligibility 2021- Number of attempts
- Every candidate is permitted for six attempts at the IAS examination.
- The Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates are not restricted to this clause.
- The candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes are permissible for nine attempts.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for latest updates of IAS Eligibility 2021..!!