UPSC IAS Eligibility 2023- UPSC releases the eligibility of UPSC IAS 2023 along with notification. UPSC IAS 2023 eligibility criteria includes important UPSC exam eligibility terms and conditions including IAS 2023 age limit, minimum qualification, nationality and more. Candidates must satisfy the UPSC IAS eligibility 2023 before filling the IAS application form. Because, the commission will reject the forms of ineligible candidates without any prior notice. According to the UPSC IAS 2023 eligibility criteria, candidate’s age should be between 21 to 32 years. Besides, only graduate candidates can apply for Civil Services 2023 exam. Read the article for the complete UPSC exam eligibility education qualification, age limit and more
Latest- IAS application form 2022 released! Candidates can now check the UPSC IAS 2022 exam date
UPSC IAS Eligibility 2023- Age Limit
Candidate’s age must be between 21 to 32 Years as on August 1, 2023 i.e. a candidate must have been born after than August 2, 1991 and before than August 1, 2002. The commission will provide age relaxation to the candidates belonging to reserved categories in the upper IAS 2023 age limit as per the govt norms.
IAS age limit for female is similar to male. Besides, there is no relaxation for them. Candidates should meet the UPSC 2023 age limit before applying. Check UPSC age relaxation details below
Note- Only Matriculation certificate or equivalent will be accepted as the proof of age.
UPSC IAS 2023 Age Relaxation
|Category||Relaxation in UPSC Age limit 2023|
|Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||05 Years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||03 Years|
|Domiciled Candidate of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989||05 Years|
|Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||03 Years|
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2016||05 Years|
|Blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons||10 Years|
IAS Eligibility 2023 Educational Qualifications
- The candidate must possess a graduation degree from any of the recognised University or equivalent qualification.
- Candidates appearing in the final of their graduation are also eligible to appear in the IAS exam provided that they will hold a graduate degree before the main examination.
- Candidates who will be declared qualified by the Commission for appearing in the Civil Services (Main) Exam will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite exam while applying for the Main Exam.
IAS Eligibility 2023 Nationality
Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services 2023 Examination. Make sure you have a valid ID proof stating your nationality. Candidates have to bring a valid ID proof along with the IAS 2023 admit card while appearing in the preliminary examination.
UPSC IAS Eligibility Criteria 2023- Number of attempts
Along with the UPSC age limit, candidates must also consider the number of attempts. After completing the attempts or exceeding the maximum IAS age limit, no candidate will be eligible to apply for the exam.
- Every candidate is permitted for 6 attempts at the IAS examination.
- The Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates are not restricted to this clause.
- The candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes are permissible for 9 attempts.
UPSC Eligibility- Important Points
- Candidates who will be appointed for Indian Administrative Services (IAS) or Indian Foreign Services (IFS) will not be eligible for appearing in IAS exam while continuing the services.
- To get appointed on Indian Police Services, candidates have to undergo a physical efficiency test. Candidates should be physically fit and should have good presence of mind.
- Candidates availing for the relaxation in the age limit must submit the relevant documents while appearing for the interview round.