UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria 2022– UPSC will release the eligibility criteria of Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist 2022 along with official notification. Aspirants need to satisfy all the conditions of UPSC Geologist Eligibility 2022 before filling up the online forms as ineligible candidates can face rejection at any stage of the recruitment process. The eligibility of UPSC Geologist 2022 have been set by UPSC to delimit the eligible candidates for the examination. UPSC Geologist Eligibility 2022 includes the age limit, nationality, age relaxation, and education qualification details. Aspirants need to check each and every condition of UPSC Geologist 2022 Eligibility Criteria precisely.
UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria 2022 Nationality
A candidate must be either:
- A Citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
UPSC Geologist Eligibility 2022- Age Limit
To apply for this UPSC examination, candidates must have attained a certain age as prescribed below:-
- For Geologist and Geophysicist and Chemist (Group ‘A’)– A candidate’s age must lie between 21 years to 32 years as on 1 January 2022 (i.e. he/she must have been born after 2 January 1990 and before 1 January 2001).
- For Jr. Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) (Group A)– A candidate’s age must lie between 21 years to 32 years as on 1 January 2022 (i.e. he/she must have been born after 2 January 1990 and before 1 January 2001).
UPSC Geologist Eligibility 2022- Age Relaxation
Relaxation in the upper age limit can be rendered as follows:
|S.No||Category||Relaxation in Upper Age Limit|
|1||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||05 Years|
|2||Other Backward Classes||03 Years|
|3||Candidate having domicile of Jammu & Kashmir State during the period from 1 January 1980 to 31 December 1989||05 Years|
|4||Blind, deaf- mute and orthopedically handicapped persons||10 years|
|5||Ex- Servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1 January 2018||05 Years|
|6||Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence||03 years|
In case of Government servants, relaxation of 07 years in the upper age limit can be attained, if they are employed in a Department mentioned
|Column I||Column II|
|Geological||Geologist Group ‘A’ Geophysicist Group ‘A’ Chemist Group ‘A’|
|Survey of India|
|Central Ground Water Board||Jr. Hydro-geologist, Gr. A|
UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria 2022 Educational Qualification
- For Geologists (Grade ‘A’)– Candidates must possess a Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology from a recognised University.
- For Geophysicists (Grade-A)- Candidates must have an M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a recognized University.
- For Chemists (Grade-A)- Candidates must possess an M.Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a recognized University.
- For Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B)– Candidates must possess a Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a recognised University or (b) Master’s degree in Hydrogeology from a recognized University.
Keep Checking StudyGrades for latest updates on UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria 2022..!!