Essay on Pollution in 500 Words– In almost each class, students will get an assignment or homework to write an essay on pollution. To help students, we have provided a pollution essay in 500 words. Students can take help of this short essay on pollution in English to complete their homework on time. Students from class 1 to 12 can take help of this short essay about pollution taking important points. Instead of using the exact words, students are suggested to modify the word usage and include more thoughts to make the essay on pollution more enticing. With the help of a well-phrased pollution essay, students will be able to get good marks in their final exams.
Also read- Essay on Mahatma Gandhi
Essay on Pollution
Pollution is the presence of harmful substances in the environment. These harmful substances are called pollutants. There are various types of pollution that are Air Pollution, Water Pollution, Noise pollution and more. Because of the increase in population, pollution is also increasing on a daily basis. People are getting hazardous diseases with the increased level of pollution. Hence, everyone should be aware of the pollution, its effects and how to reduce it effectively.
Also read- Essay on My School
Pollution- A brief
Like a balanced diet for a healthy body, our environment also needs every substance in a balanced proportion. If any substance increases more than its threshold amount then it pollutes the environment such as increased carbon dioxide, Nitrogen oxides in the atmosphere pollutes the air and adversely affects the health of humans.
Types of Pollution
There are different types of pollution that affect different sections of the environment.
- Air Pollution
- Water Pollution
- Noise Pollution
- Soil Pollution
Effects of Pollution
Due to the pollution, people and the environment are getting affected in different ways. Here are some of the most recognised bad impacts of pollution.
- People exposed to high levels of noise pollution face hearing problems, high blood pressure, sleep disturbance and other issues.
- Because of the high level of air pollution, Global warming is increasing which will further depleting the ozone layer. Besides, breathing problems are increasing in humans.
- Many species of animals and birds are at the verge of extinction such as sparrow which are almost extinct.
- Increased water pollution is destroying life underwater.
- Pesticides used in crops are increasing the risk of cancer and other dangerous diseases. Continuous increase of soil pollution is making the soil infertile.
How to Reduce Pollution?
People should join hands to reduce pollution. So that our coming generations can experience the healthy environment. To preserve the healthy living environment, people should take some precautions and measures. Check the below steps that can help in reducing the pollutants-
- Reduce the use of non-biodegradable things– Environment has a property of reviving itself by degrading the naturally produced substances. However, the non- biodegradable things like plastic bags and bottles pollute the environment.
- Plant more trees– To decrease the air pollution and save the species, it is very important to plant more number of trees. Trees help in purifying the air by adding more oxygen in the environment.
- Less Use of Chemicals– With advancement in technology, many chemical-made substances are used to improve the yield of food products. People should produce food without using pesticides and
- Reduce Population– Continuously increasing population is the major reason for increased pollution. People should follow the policy We two, our two (hum do hamare do) to keep the population under control.
- Recycling is also a very effective and efficient way to reduce the pollution. It helps in limiting the use of non- biodegradable products.
Essay on Pollution- How to Write Effectively?
While writing an essay on Pollution, students should keep a few tips in mind to get good marks.
- Always highlight the important facts or information so that the teacher can get the highlights at one glance. This will improve the readability of the essay on pollution.
- Make sure you write essays in pointers to make it easier to read. If the essay is of 10 marks then do not forget to add 10 unique lines in points. This will help in getting good scores in the essay writing section.
- Students can use some facts and quotes to support their statement that will give some extra points in board exams.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for Essays for Different Classes!