UPSC IES Eligibility Criteria 2019– UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2019, commonly referred as UPSC IES 2019, will be conducted in the month of January 2019. Candidates who satisfy the listed eligibility conditions of IES 2019 will be able to fill the form from the last week of September 2019. Make note that no extension in the deadline of filling IES Application form 2019 will be provided to the candidates. Hence, fill the online form before the last date. Check the below listed details to get the complete details of UPSC IES 2019 Eligibility Criteria.
UPSC IES Eligibility Criteria 2019- Age Limit
A candidate must have attained the age between 21 years to 30 years as on the 1 January 2019 i.e. He/she must have been born after than 2 January 1988 and not later than 1 January 1997.
Relaxation in upper age limit has been provided for the reserve category candidates-
- For Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe- 05 Years
- For Other Backward Classes- 03 years
- For deaf-mute and orthopedically handicapped- 10 Years
UPSC IES Eligibility Criteria 2019- Nationality
A candidate must be either-
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1 January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above need to submit a certificate of eligibility, which has been issued by the Government of India.
UPSC IES Eligibility Criteria 2019- Educational Qualification
A candidate must have obtained an Engineering degree in the respective discipline from a recognized University or any of the below-mentioned qualification to apply for the Examination.
- Qualified Sections A & B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
- Obtained an Engineering degree/diploma from a foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognized by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
- Qualified Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
- Qualified Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
- Qualified Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959.
The candidates who want to apply for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) must possess the above qualifications or M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject. Complete details will be updated after issuance of Official notification of IES 2019, online on the official website of UPSC.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for latest updates on UPSC IES Eligibility Criteria 2019..!!