IES Eligibility Criteria 2021– UPSC will release the eligibility of IES 2021 in September 2020. IES 2021 eligibility criteria will be mentioned in the official notification. Candidates can check the age limit, nationality, education qualification and more in the UPSC ESE eligibility criteria 2021. Only candidates who meet all the norms of IES eligibility criteria 2021 are eligible to apply online. Union Public Service Commission will conduct the Engineering Services Exam or UPSC IES 2021, in the month of January 2021. Eligible candidates should fill the IES Application form 2021 before the last date. Check the below listed details to get the complete details of UPSC ESE 2021 eligibility criteria.
IES Eligibility Criteria 2021 – Overview
|IES Age limit 2021||
|IES Educational Qualifications||Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Electronics & Telecommunication|
|IES Number of Attempts||No Limitations|
IES Eligibility Criteria 2021- Age Limit
A candidate must have attained the age between 21 years to 30 years as on the January 1, 2021 i.e. He/she must have been born after than Jan 2, 1991 and not later than Jan 1, 2000.
ESE 2021 Age Relaxation
Relaxation in upper age limit has been provided for the reserve category candidates-
- For Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe- 05 Years
- For Other Backward Classes- 03 years
- For deaf-mute and orthopedically handicapped- 10 Years
- For candidate who had ordinarily been domiciled in the J & K State from Jan 1, 1980 to Dec 31, 1989- 5 years
- For Defence Services personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities – 3 years
IES Eligibility Criteria 2021- Nationality
Only citizen of India are eligible for the IES or ESE 2021 exam. Also,
- Migrants from Nepal/ Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before Jan 1, 1962 for permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zaire, Zambia, Malawi, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with an intend of permanently settling in India.
Provided that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above need to submit a certificate of eligibility, which has been issued by the Government of India.
IES Eligibility Criteria 2021- Educational Qualification
A candidate must have obtained an Engineering degree in the respective discipline from a recognized University or any of the below-mentioned qualification to apply for the ESE 2021
- Qualified Sections A & B of the Institution Exams of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
- Obtained an Engineering degree / diploma from a foreign University/ College/ Institution and should be recognized by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
- Qualified Graduate Membership Exam of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
- Qualified Associate Membership Exam Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
- Qualified Graduate Membership Exam of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959.
For Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts)- Candidates must possess a M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Radio Physics, Electronics, or Radio Engineering as optional/ special subject or the above mentioned ESE 2021 education qualification.
For Indian Radio Regulatory Service (Group ‘A’) Posts- M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Radio Physics, Electronics, or Radio Engineering as optional/ special subject or Master’s Degree in Science with Physics and Radio Communication/ Electronics/ Telecommunication as optional/ special subject.
ESE Eligibility Criteria 2021 Medical Examination
Candidates applying for posts in Railway must undergo medical examination. The medical exams will be held at different Railway Hospitals under Ministry of Railways (Railway Board).
ESE 2021 Eligibility Criteria- Physical Standard
Candidates must be physically fit as per the physical standards for admission to Engineering Services Exam 2021
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for latest updates on UPSC IES Eligibility Criteria 2021..!!