IES 2022– UPSC has released the UPSC ESE 2022 notification on Septmeber 22. The commission has released the online application form for UPSC IES 2022 along with the ESE exam date. Indian candidates having age between 21 to 30 years are eligible to apply for UPSC IES exam 2021. The commission has release the UPSC ESE 2022 application form along with the notification on upsc.gov.in. The last date to submit IES 2022 application is October 12.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct the Engineering Services Exam 2022, also known as IES or ESE Exam on Febraury 20, 2022 . UPSC ESE 2022 Mains is scheduled to be held on June 26, 2022. UPSC IES 2022 (Prelims) is likely to be held for recruitment to the post in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. The UPSC ESE 2022 will be held for 247 vacancies . Read the article to know all about UPSC IES 2022.
Candidates should start covering the IES exam syllabus as soon as possible to clear the exam with good marks. UPSC IES Recruitment 2022 will be made to the Services/ Posts under the following categories: ‐
- Category- I‐ Civil Engineering
- Category- II‐ Mechanical Engineering
- Category- III‐ Electrical Engineering
- Category- IV‐ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
IES 2021 Exam Date
The list of UPSC ESE 2022 date contains all the important events and their relative dates. Check the UPSC IES 2022 exam date and plan a good preparation strategy.
UPSC ESE 2022 Exam Date
|Events||IES Exam Dates|
|Official UPSC ESE 2022 Notification Release Date||September 22|
|Start Date to Apply Online for UPSC IES 2022||September 22|
|Last Date to Submit the UPSC ESE 2022 Application form||October 12, 2021|
|Release of ESE 2022 Admit Card||January 2022|
|UPSC ESE 2022 Exam Date (Preliminary)||February 20, 2022|
|Declaration of UPSC IES 2022 Prelims Result||March 2022|
|Engineering Services Examination 2021 (Main)||June 26, 2022|
|Declaration of Final Result||August 2022|
IES 2022 Vacancy
UPSC has released the number of UPSC ESE 2022 vacancy along with notification i.e 247. Below is the list of posts and services on which finally selected candidates will be appointed-
Category I- Civil Engineering (Group A Services/Posts)
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers
- Indian Railway Stores Services (Civil Engineering Posts)
- Central Engineering Service
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Civil Engineering Posts)
- Indian Ordnance Factories Services. AWM/JTS (Civil Engg. Posts)
- Central Engineering Service (Roads) Group-A. (Civil Engg. Posts)
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil) P & T Building Works Gr. ‘A’ Service
- Assistant Executive Engineer (QS & C) in Military Engineer Service (MES) Surveyor Cadre
Category II- Mechanical Engineering (Group A Services/Posts)
- Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)
- Central Power Engineering Service Group ‘A’ (Mechanical Engineering Posts)
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service. AWM/JTS (Mechanical Engineering Post)
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)
- Assistant Executive Engineer Group ‘A’ (Mech. Engg. Posts) in the corps of EME, Ministry of Defence
- Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Mechanical Engineering posts)
Category III- Electrical Engineering (Group A Services/Posts)
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)
- Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engg. Posts)
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service. AWM/JTS (Electrical Engineering Post)
- Central Power Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Electrical Engineering Posts)
- Assistant Executive Engineer Gr. ‘A’ (Electrical Engineering Posts) in Corps of EME, Min of Defence
Category IV- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (Group A & B Services/Posts)
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Telecommunication/ Electronics Engineering Posts)
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts)
- Assistant Executive Engineer Group ‘A’ (Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Posts) in the Corps of E.M.E., Ministry of Defence
- Central Power Engg. Service, Group ‘A’ [Electronics and Telecommunication Engg. Service]
- Indian Inspection Service (Asst. Dir. Grade-I)
- Indian Telecommunication Service Gr. ‘A’
- Junior Telecom Officer [General Central Service Group ‘B’ Gazetted Non- Ministerial]
IES 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality- Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for UPSC ESE 2022. Also, candidates from some neighbouring countries who have a valid proof of Indian nationality are eligible.
IES 2022 Age Limit- A candidate must have attained the age between 21 years to 30 years on the January 1, 2022 i.e. He/she must have been born not earlier than January 2, 1991 and not later than January 1, 2001.
Educational Qualification– To apply for UPSC IES 2022 Exam, a candidate must have obtained an Engineering degree from a recognised University or other Educational Institution. Candidates who have qualified the Section A and B of the Institution Exams of the Institution of Engineers (India) are also eligible to apply.
IES 2022 Application Form
Aspirants who satisfy all the eligibility criteria can apply for the UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2022 from September 22, 2021. UPSC IES 2022 application form is issued on the official website of the Commission- upsc.gov.in. Candidates have to complete the online ESE 2022 application form in 02 Parts, Part-1 & Part-2. Candidates should also remit a prescribed application fee in response to complete the application form.
UPSC IES 2022 Application fee-
- Candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by using any Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card or by using the net banking facility of the State Bank of India/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by remitting the amount in any branch of SBI by cash.
- Female/SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from payment of application fee
IES 2022 Exam Pattern
To qualify the examination, candidates must be aware of the complete examination pattern and the syllabus. Check the UPSC ESE 2022 Exam Pattern here
Stage-I – Preliminary Exam- (Objective Type Papers)
|Paper-I||General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Paper||200 Marks||02 hours|
|Paper-II||Engineering Discipline-specific Paper||300 Marks||03 hours|
|Total||500 Marks||05 hours|
Stage-II- Mains Examination- (Conventional Type Papers)
|Paper-I||Engineering Discipline- Specific Paper-I||300 Marks||03 hours|
|Paper-II||Engineering Discipline- Specific Paper-I||300 Marks||03 hours|
|Total||600 Marks||06 hours|
Only those candidates qualifying at this Stage (i.e. Stage-I + Stage-II) to be permitted to appear for Stage-III examination
IES 2022 Syllabus
Students have to cover the syllabus of respective engineering streams. ESE 2022 syllabus includes the important topics that candidates should prepare for the IES exam 2022. Below are some of the topics included in the syllabus.
IES Paper 1 Syllabus
|Civil Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Electrical Engineering||Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering|
|Building Materials||Fluid Mechanics||Engineering Mathematics||Basic Electronics Engineering|
|Solid Mechanics||Thermodynamics and Heat transfer||Electrical Materials||Basic Electrical Engineering|
|Structural Analysis||IC Engines, Refrigeration and Air conditioning||Electric Circuits and Fields||Materials Science|
|Design of Steel Structures||Turbo Machinery||Electrical and Electronic Measurements||Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation|
|Design of Concrete and Masonry structures||Power Plant Engineering||Computer Fundamentals||Network Theory|
|Construction Practice, Planning and Management||Renewable Sources of Energy||Basic Electronics Engineering||Analog and Digital Circuits|
How to Prepare for UPSC IES 2022?
To qualify the UPSC ESE 2022r, candidates should have to entire details of exam pattern and syllabus. Beside, following the given preparation tips helps in getting good score in the exam
- Make a study schedule and stick to the same to cover the IES 2022 syllabus at least 1 month before the exam.
- Create hand-written notes to memorise the facts and figures for a longer duration. Revise the notes on a regular interval.
- Solve as many sample papers and last year’s question papers to know the pattern and important topics.
IES Sample Papers 2022
UPSC has released last year’s ESE question papers to help aspirants in preparing well for the exam. Candidates should treat these papers as sample papers and solve them after completing the syllabus to know their preparation level. Solve as many sample papers you can to make your preparation better,
UPSC IES 2022 Admit Card
The admit card of IES 2022 will be issued online 03 weeks prior to the conduction of examination. Hence, it is estimated that the admit card will be released in the month of January 2022. Candidates need to enter their registration number and the date of birth to download the ESE 2022 admit card. Candidates are recommended to download the same from the official website as no hard copy will be sent to the postal address of the candidates. It is a mandatory document that needs to be used for verifying the candidature during the IES exam 2022.
IES 2022 Answer Key
Many Coaching institutes release the answer keys of IES prelims 2022 exam on the day of exam. ESE 2022 answer key will be released in the pdf file. The answer key will contain answer to questions asked in the IES exam answer key 2022. Candidates can calculate their scores before the release of IES 2022 exam answer key.
IES Result 2022
The preliminary ESE 2022 exam will be announced in the last week of March 2022. A result pdf will be uploaded on the official website of UPSC. Candidates who qualify the prelims IES exam 2022 will be called for the Main examination which will be held in June 2022. The final result of IES 2022 will be declared in September 2022 on the main website of UPSC.
IES Cut off 2022
The cut off marks are the minimum marks that a candidate has to score in the ESE 2022 exam to get selected for the next level i.e. Main/ Interview. The cut off marks will be announced after the declaration of the final result. Knowing the UPSC IES 2022 cut off will also help the aspirants to prepare for the Engineering Services Examination.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for the latest updates on UPSC IES 2022..!!
I have done bss from electronics and msc physics.Am I eligible for ies ?
If you have Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as optional then you are eligible for IES exam.
I have done bsc electronics and msc physics.Am I eligible for ies??
I have civil engineering final year student eligible for IES exam
Yes, final year students are eligible to apply for UPSC ESE.
Comments are closed.