IES Exam Pattern 2022– UPSC has released the IES 2022 exam pattern. The exam pattern of IES 2022 is mentioned in the official IES 2022 notification. UPSC IES exam pattern 2022 contains total number of marks, negative marking, subject-names and more. Along with the ESE exam pattern 2022, candidates should be aware of IES syllabus. Knowing the ESE 2022 exam pattern helps in better exam preparation. The exam will be completed in three stages names as stage-1 (Preliminary Examination),Stage-2 (Main Examination) and Stage -3 (Personal Interview).
Latest- UPSC ESE Main admit card to be released soon!
Union Public Service Commission conducted UPSC IES 2022 Preliminary Exam conducted on February 20. UPSC ESE Main 2022 Exam will be held in June 26, 2022. IES 2023 application form will be released on September 14. Here check the complete IES 2022 exam pattern carefully before starting the ESE preparation.
IES Exam Pattern 2022- Prelims Exam
- In preliminary exam, there will be negative marking of one-third (0.33) marks for each wrong answer.
- IES Prelims 2022 will be objective type papers.
- Candidates have to qualify the prelims exam with minimum IES Cut off marks in order to get shortlisted for Paper 2 or Main Exam.
ESE Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
|Paper-I||General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Paper||200 Marks||02 hours|
|Paper-II||Engineering Discipline-specific Paper||300 Marks||03 hours|
|Total||500 Marks||05 hours|
IES Exam Pattern 2022 – Mains Exam
- IES Main 2022 is conventional type.
- The main papers must be answered in English language only.
- Engineering Services (Main/stage‐II) Exam will consist 2 conventional type papers in Engineering Discipline such as Electrical Engineering/Civil Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electronics & Telecommunication.
- The duration of each paper is of three hours.
ESE Main Exam Pattern 2022
|Paper-I||Engineering Discipline- Specific Paper-I||300 Marks||03 hours|
|Paper-II||Engineering Discipline- Specific Paper-II||300 Marks||03 hours|
|Total||600 Marks||06 hours|
Only those Candidates qualifying at this Stage (i.e. Stage-I + Stage-II) to be permitted to appear for Stage-III examination
IES Exam Pattern 2022 – Personality Test
In the Personality Test, candidate’s capacity for leadership, intellectual and initiative curiosity, tact and other social qualities, powers of practical application, mental and physical energy, and integrity of character will be measured.
Total marks of the Personality Test is 200. Candidates who qualify all the 03 stages will be listed in the final merit list, prepared by the UPSC.
Final selection will be made based on the candidate’s performance in all the 03 stages i.e. Stage-I (Objective type papers), Stage-II (Conventional type papers), and Stage-III (Personality Test) should also be counted for merit.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for latest updates on UPSC IES Exam Pattern 2023..!!!