UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern 2020– UPSC will release the CAPF 2020 exam pattern online with notification on April 22, 2020. The exam pattern of UPSC CAPF 2020 will contain exam mode, maximum marks, negative marking and more. Students preparing for the exam should be aware of the complete UPSC CAPF exam pattern 2020 for better preparation. The Union Public Commission (UPSC) will hold the UPSC CAPF 2020 Written Examination on August 9, 2020. Candidates need to appear in 02 papers in order to clear the examination. To prepare well for the exam, aspirants need to check all the points of the exam pattern of UPSC CAPF 2020 exam. The exam pattern will be released along with the official notification. For the ease of the aspirants, complete UPSC CAPF AC 2020 Exam pattern has been provided here on the basis of previous year’s details.
UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern 2020- Written Test
|Paper-1||General Ability and Intelligence
Objective (Multiple Answers)
|250 Marks||10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon|
|Paper-2||General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||200 Marks||2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.|
- Paper-1 contains multiple choice questions and candidates can opt either Hindi or English to give the exam.
- Paper-2 comprises of General Studies, Essay and Comprehension. Candidates can write the Essay in English or Hindi, however, for Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills, the language will be English only.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers
- There will be minimum qualifying marks separately in each Paper.
- Paper 2 will contain 2 parts. Part A will contain Essay questions of 80 marks that are to be written in long narrative form either in Hindi or English.
- Part B will comprise of Comprehension, précis writing, and language skills of 120 marks that to be attempted in English only.
Along with the CAPF exam pattern 2020, students should be aware of the syllabus which will contain important topics. Questions in General Ability and Intelligence will be asked from General Mental Ability, General Science, Current Affairs, Indian Polity and Economy, History and more. The topics of essay writing includes freedom struggle, polity and economy, geography, human rights issues, and analytical ability
Stage-2- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Candidates who qualify the written test with the minimum cutoff marks will be able to appear in the stage-2 (Physical Efficiency Test). Check the details below
|100 Meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters (3 chances)||3.0 meters (3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||4.5 Meters||—|
Stage-3- Interview/Personality Test
Only qualified candidates will be called to appear in the Interview/ Personality Test. Total marks of the Interview/Personality Test will be 150. Candidates who are medically unfit and need to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be provisionally called for Interview/Personality Tests.
|Category||Minimum qualifying marks in paper-I (out of 250)||Minimum qualifying marks in paper-I + Paper-II (out of 450)||Marks secured by the last selected candidate|
UPSC will release the admit card of CAPF 2020 3 weeks prior to the exam date. It is expected that the admit card will be released in the 2nd week of July 2020. Candidates will need their registration number to download the admit card. All candidates should bring their admit card while appearing for the examination. The admit card will be treated as the ID of students.
Keep Checking StudyGrades for latest updates on UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern 2020..!!