UPSC CAPF Preparation Tips 2020- Nowadays, it is the ambition of almost every student to become a part of the Central Government. Every year, the Union Public Service Commission organizes an entry-level exam for the candidates who want to join Central Armed Police Forces as an Assistant Commandant. UPSC CAPF 2020 is conducted in three stages, which includes: Written test, physical test followed by Medical Examination, and Personal Interview.
To qualify the written examination, you need to prepare for two sections:
- General Ability and Intelligence
- General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension
To prepare for any examination, it is imperative to understand the examination pattern well and to do that, collect previous year papers and analyze them well. Figure out the questions and topics which are frequently asked in the exam. As a large number of the student appears on the examination, the competition level is quite high, and you need to put real efforts to qualify the exam. Here, we have listed UPSC CAPF Preparation Tips 2020 to help aspirants–
UPSC CAPF Preparation Tips 2020
To start your preparation, take a printout of the updated syllabus and mark all the topics you are weak at. It will remind you to pay more attention to your weak points and turn them into your strength with your practice and hard work.
UPSC CAPF Preparation Tips 2020- Solve Previous Year’s Papers
Also, solve at least ten previous years’ papers as it will help you to understand that how much efforts you need to make to the clear the examination. Be quick while solving questions as your timing is critical to attempt the entire question in the test. There are many online test series available for the CAPF Exam, these test series are designed as per the latest exam pattern and are highly beneficial for the steady preparation.
UPSC CAPF Preparation Tips 2020- Important Topics
Practice quantitative aptitude and Reasoning at least 2 hours daily. Both the sections are critical, so a basic understanding of the concepts and the right approach is vital to solving the questions. Also maintain a notebook to write down formulae, learn squares and cubes of numbers as much as you can, also learn shortcut methods to save more time.
In this examination, many questions come from the general science too, so apart from general awareness, thorough knowledge of biotechnology, information technology, and environmental science is of utmost importance.
- Make notes as it will help you to revise everything easily before the examination. Another advantage of making notes is that self-written notes stay longer in your mind and it is very easy to recall handwritten notes at the time of taking the exam.
- Indian Polity and History of India are essential relevant topics for this examination. As both the subjects are vast, it is very important to study this section on a regular basis. Take help of books like Lucent, history books by renowned authors, and NCERT Books. Use underlining to mark the important points. You can also make notes on the important issues and important points; you come across while studying. Revision is very important so keep revising things.
- Take a small snack break after an hour. Take a walk, listen to some music, relax your mind and sit back again to study. It prevents your mind from distractions and provides you with better focus and concentration power.
UPSC CAPF Preparation Tips 2020- Essay Tips
For essay and comprehension, reading newspapers and following political, economical, national and international issues are very important as topics are generally based on the issues going on around the world. Practice well for this section. Take any random topic from the internet or the newspaper and write an essay in your words.
Also remember, read as much as you can as it can help you while writing essays and you also get to learn new expressions and words to present your thoughts in a better way.
Important Books to Refer for CAPF 2020 Exam
|Modern History||India’s struggle for independence by Bipin Chandra,|
Modern India by Spectrum, Grover
|Ancient History||NCERT Book by R.S. Sharma|
|Medieval History||NCERT Book by Satish Chandra|
|Politics||Indian polity by M Laxmikant|
Our Constitution/ Our Parliament Subash Kashyap
Current Events The Hindu
|Economy||NCERT (11th and 12th Std)|
The Hindu & Indian Express
|Art & Culture||Art and Culture by Spectrum, Newspaper|
|Environment||NCERT books of Class 10th, 11th and 12th,|
Erach Bharuch or Shankar IAS Environment book
Magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Chronicle
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude by R. S. Aggarwal|
|Geography||NCERT books of Class 11th and 12th|
Human Geography by G.C. Leong
|National/International Current Affairs||Newspapers like The Hindu, Express and Mrunal|
|Government Schemes, Policies & Projects||Yearbook, Economic Survey and The Hindu|
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for Latest Updates on UPSC CAPF Preparation Tips 2020..!!