NDA Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will release the eligibility criteria for NDA 1 2019 in the official notification. NDA 2019 Eligibility criteria include the age limit, educational qualification, nationality, and other required details. Aspirants need to satisfy the complete eligibility for NDA 1 2019 before applying for the exam. To apply for the examination, candidates should be unmarried and possess Indian citizenship and must have passed the Intermediate examination.
UPSC NDA & NA 2019 Examination is scheduled to be held on 21 April 2018 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA. The notification has been released on the official website of UPSC. Here we have summarized all the important eligibility conditions for the ease of candidates.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2019 Nationality
According to the official notice of NDA Examination, a candidate must attain any of the provided conditions in order to satisfy the nationality requirements-
- A candidate must either be an Indian citizen , or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before the 1 January 1962 in order to settle in India, permanently, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
It should be noted that a candidate belonging to the categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above should possess a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India. Eligibility certificate is not mandatory for the candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2019 Age Limit, Sex & Marital Status
Sex & Marital Status- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA 2019 Examination.
Age Limit– Candidates who are intending to apply for NDA-1 Exam must be born between 02 July 2000 and 01 July 2003, however, candidates who are willing to apply for NDA 2 Exam 2019 must be born between 02 January 2001 and 01 January 2004.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2019- Educational Qualification
According to NDA 2019 Eligibility Criteria, candidates should have qualified the 10+2 Examination, conducted as per the 10+2 pattern. Academic requirement for both NDA-1 & NDA-2 Exam 2019 will remain the same
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy – Candidates should have qualified 12thclass or equivalent in any subjects from State Board or a recognised University.
- For Air Force and Navel Wings of National Defence Academy & for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy– Candidates should have qualified 12thclass or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics from State Board or a recognised University.
- Candidates appearing in the Class 11th Examination are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have qualified the Class12th Examination need to submit proof by 24 December 2019
Candidates should be physically and mentally fit and should be free from diseases and injuries.
Physical Standards for Army / Air Force
|Height in Cms. (without)||Weight in Kgs.|
|16- 17 Years||17- 18 Years||18-19 Years|
Physical Standards for Navy
|Height (cms) (without shoes)||Weight in Kgs|
|16 years||18 years||20 years|
Keep Checking StudyGrades for latest updates on NDA Eligibility criteria 2019..!!