NDA Eligibility 2022 – UPSC has released the eligibility of NDA 2022 along with official notification, upsc.gov.in. UPSC NDA 2022 eligibility criteria includes the NDA age limit 2022, nationality, educational qualification, physical eligibility, qualifying marks and more. UPSC NDA eligibility 2022 is similar for both NDA 2 and Nation Defence Academy & Naval Academy 2022 (I). Only Indian citizens of age between 16.5 and 19.5 years are eligible for NDA 2022 exam.
Latest- NDA 2 application form 2022. Also Read, NDA Syllabus
Candidates must have passed the Intermediate/ 12th exam as per the NDA eligibility 2022. There is no minimum NDA eligibility 12th percentage or 10th percentage. Read the UPSC NDA 2022 eligibility criteria, age limit and more in the article-
NDA Eligibility 2022 Age Limit, Sex & Marital Status
Sex & Marital Status- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA exam. There is no NDA eligibility for female.
UPSC NDA Age Limit 2022– Candidate’s age must be between 16.5 and 19.5 years. Candidates who are intending to apply for NDA 1 exam must be born between July 2, 2003 and July 1, 2006. Candidates who are willing to apply for NDA 2 exam must be born between January 2, 2004 and January 1, 2007.
NDA Eligibility 2022 Nationality
According to the NDA 2022 eligibility, a candidate must attain any of the provided conditions in order to satisfy the nationality requirements-
- A candidate must either be an Indian citizen , or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before the 1 January 1962 in order to settle in India, permanently, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
It should be noted that a candidate belonging to the categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above should possess a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India. Eligibility certificate is not mandatory for the candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. To know the complete NDA exam eligibility 2022, candidates should visit the upsc.gov.in.
Also Read- NDA Cut Off
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022- Educational Qualification
According to NDA 2022 Eligibility Criteria, candidates should have qualified the 10+2 Examination, conducted as per the 10+2 pattern. There is no NDA qualifying marks to apply.
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy – Candidates should have qualified 12thclass or equivalent in any subjects from state board or a recognised University.
- For Air Force and Navel Wings of National Defence Academy & for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy– Candidates should have qualified 12thclass or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics from State Board or a recognised University.
NDA Exam Eligibility 2023
- Girls are not allowed to appear for NDA exam. Hence, there is no NDA eligibility for female.
- Candidates who have qualified the Class 12th exam need to submit proof by December 2022.
- Only physically and mentally fit candidates who are free from serious diseases and injuries are eligible for nda exam.
- Candidates satisfying NDA exam eligibility to fill and submit NDA online form.
NDA Physical Eligibility 2022-23
Candidates can check the NDA physical eligibility from the below given table
Physical Standards for Army / Air Force
|Height in Cms. (without)||Weight in Kgs.|
|16- 17 Years||17- 18 Years||18-19 Years|
Physical Standards for Navy
|Height (cms) (without shoes)||Weight in Kgs|
|16 years||18 years||20 years|
Keep Checking StudyGrades for latest updates on NDA Eligibility criteria 2023..!!