NDA Syllabus 2019– UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts NDA Exam in two parts, NDA-I & NDA-II for Intermediate graduates. NDA 1 2019 is scheduled to be held on 21 April 2019 and NDA 2 2019 will be conducted on 17 November 2018. Through the exam, eligible candidates will be shortlisted for recruitment in the Indian Army, Navy & Air Force. NDA 1 2019 syllabus contains all important topics that students should prepare for the test. To crack the exam, aspirants should have the complete information on the NDA 2019 Syllabus. Hence, for the ease of the candidates, NDA syllabus 2019 is listed here in details.
|Mathematics||01||02 hours & 30 min.||300 Marks|
|General Ability Test||02||02 hours & 30 min.||600 Marks|
NDA Syllabus 2019 for Mathematics
- Matrices and Determinants
- Analytical Geometry of 02 & 03 Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
- Vector Algebra
NDA Syllabus for Paper-II
Part ‘A’—English (Maximum Marks—200)
- Correct Use of words
- Fill in the blanks
- Synonyms & antonyms
- Grammar and usage
- Comprehension and cohesion
Part ‘B’—General Knowledge (Maximum Marks—400)
The question paper on General Knowledge will cover Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events.
Below is the complete syllabus of different exams. Candidates have to prepare almost every topic to qualify the test.
NDA Syllabus 2019 for Physics
- Physical Properties and States of Matter
- Motion of objects, Velocity and Acceleration, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy.
- Effects of Heat, Measurement of Temperature and Heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat. Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments. Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection and refraction.
- Spherical mirrors and Lenses, Human Eye.
- Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet.
- Static and Current Electricity
- General Principles in the working of the following: Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightening Conductors, Safety Fuses.
NDA Syllabus 2019 for Chemistry
- Physical and Chemical changes.
- Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulae and simple Chemical Equations
- Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems).
- Properties of Air and Water.
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbondioxide, Oxidation and Reduction
- Acids, bases & salts.
- Carbon—different forms. Fertilizers—Natural and Artificial.
- Preparation of Soap, Glass, Paints, Ink, Paper, Cement,Safety Matches and Gun-Powder.
- Structure of Atom, Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency.
NDA Syllabus 2019 for General Science
- Difference between the living and non-living
- Basis of Life—Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Human Body and its important organs
- Common Epidemics, their causes & prevention.
- Constituents of food & Balanced Diet.
- The Solar System—Meteors and Comets, Eclipses
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists
NDA Syllabus 2019 for History
- Indian History including Culture and Civilisation.
- Freedom Movement in India
- Indian Constitution and Administration.
- Five Year Plans of India
- Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development
- National Integration and Welfare State
- Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi
- Renaissance, Exploration and Discovery
- American Independence.
- French Revolution, Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution.
- Impact of Science and Technology on Society.
- Concept of one World, United Nations, Panchsheel, Democracy, Socialism and Communism.
NDA Syllabus 2019 for Geography
- Lattitudes and Longitudes
- Concept of time
- International Date Line
- Origin of Earth, its Movements and their effects
- Rocks and their classification
- Weathering— Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and Volcanoes
- Ocean Currents and Tides
- Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure
- Planetary Winds, Cyclones and Anti-cyclones
- Condensation and Precipitation
- Types of Climate, Major Natural regions of the World.
- Regional Geography of India—Climate, Natural vegetation.
- Mineral and Power resources;
- Location and distribution of agricultural and Industrial activities.
- Important Sea ports
- Imports and Exports of India.
NDA Syllabus 2019 for Current Events
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in recent years.
- Current important world events.
- Prominent personalities—both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for more details of NDA Syllabus 2019..!!