IES ISS 2019– Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will release the official notification of the UPSC Indian Economic Service/ Indian Statistical Service Examination 2019, also referred as IES/ISS Exam, on 20 March 2019. This combined competitive examination will be held on 28 June 2019 (Friday) for recruitment to Junior Time Scale of the Services. The Online Registration for IES/ISS 2019 Exam will be also commenced from 21 March 2019 and will be completed on 16 April 2019 till 18.00 Hours. The IES/ ISS Examination will be conducted at various examination cities spread across 19 cities of India. We will also host the direct link of IES ISS official notification and the application form here. Meanwhile, check the complete details of IES ISS 2019 here.
IES/ISS 2019 Important Dates
|Release of Official Notification||20 March 2019|
|Starting of Online Registration||20 March 2019|
|Last Date to Submit Filled Online Form||16 April 2019|
|Last Date to print the Challan form for payment of fee||16 April 2019|
|Issuance of Admit Card||1st Week of June 2019|
|Indian Economic Service/ Indian Statistical Service Exam 2019 Date||28 June 2019|
|Declaration for Written Result||July 2019|
|Date of Interview/ Personality Test||August 2019|
|Declaration of Final Result||September 2019|
UPSC IES/ ISS 2019 Post Details
Name of Examination- UPSC Indian Economic Service/ Indian Statistical Service Examination 2019 (IES/ISS Exam)
Total number of vacancies in Junior Time Scale of the Services are given below:-
- Indian Economic Service – 14 Posts
- Indian Statistical Service – 32 Posts
*These are the previous year’s number of post, We will update the final number shortly.
IES ISS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must be either-
- Indian Citizen or
- A subject of Nepal; or
- A subject of Bhutan; or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India; or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India : Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) & (e) above shall be person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Age Limit- A candidate’s age must be between to 21 years to 30 years on 1st August 2019 i.e. he/she must have been born after than 2 August 1989 and before than 1 August 1998.
- For Indian Economic Service– Candidates must have possessed a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a recognized Institute/ University
- For Indian Statistical Service– Candidates must have possessed a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subjects or a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized Institute/ University.
IES ISS 2019 Exam Pattern
Indian Economic Service
|S.No.||Subject||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|1||General English||100||3 hrs.|
|2||General Studies||200||3 hrs.|
|3||General Economics-I||200||3 hrs.|
|4||General Economics-II||200||3 hrs.|
|5||General Economics-III||200||3 hrs.|
|6||Indian Economics||200||3 hrs.|
|Total Marks||1000 Marks|
Indian Statistical Service
|S.No||Subjects||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|1||General English||100||3 hrs|
|2||General Studies||100||3 hrs|
|3||Statistics-I (Objective)||200||2 hrs|
|5||Statistics-III (Subjective)||200||3 hrs|
|6||Statistics-IV (Subjective)||200||3 hrs|
IES ISS 2019 Application Form
The online application form of IES/ ISS Exam 2019 will be updated on the official website of UPSC. We will also update the link on this page (after official release). Online IES ISS 2019 registration will be commenced from 20 March 2019 and eligible candidates will be able to fill the application form till 16 April 2019, after that the link will be deactivated. Candidates have to fill the part-1 & part-2 of the online application form in response to complete the complete registration procedure. Candidates should also submit the prescribed application fee.
Candidates have to remit an application fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by using the net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Travancore or by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using Visa/Debit Card/Master Credit. Female/SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
IES ISS 2019 Admit Card
The e-Admit cards of UPSC IES/ ISS 2019 will be uploaded on the Commission’s web portal in June 2019 and the applicants will be able to download the same till 29 June 2018. Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in IES/ ISS Exam 2019 who would download their e-Admit Cards before June 2019. Link to download the online admit card will be uploaded on this page as well. No offline IES/ISS Exam Admit Cards will be sent through the post. The applicants will be able to download the admit card by providing the valid Registration number and their respective date of birth in the provided blanks.
IES ISS 2019 Result
The result of IES/ISS 2019 Written Examination will be issued in the month of July 2019. The IES/ISS Result will be uploaded in the form of PDF format wherein candidates can check the roll numbers of the qualified candidates. Candidates who will qualify the written examination will be called to appear for the Personality Test/ Interview process.
In case of any clarification or guidance related to the application form, eligibility and more, candidates are recommended to contact the UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near ‘C’ Gate of its campus in person or over Telephone No.011-23385271/ 011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 Hrs. and 17.00 Hrs.
IES ISS 2019 Exam Centres-
The examination will be conducted at the following centres-
Keep Checking the StudyGrades for latest updates on UPSC IES/ISS 2019 Examination…!!