IES ISS 2020- UPSC Indian Economic Service/ Indian Statistical Service Examination 2020 will be held on June 26, 2020. IES/ ISS Examination 2020 will be conducted at various examination cities spread across 19 cities of India. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will release the IES ISS 2020 exam notification on March 25, 2020. Eligible candidates will be able to apply for UPS IES ISS exam 2020 till April 3, 2020. Indian nationals of age between 21 to 30 are eligible to submit the IES ISS 2020 application form. Candidates need to pay the fee of Rs. 200/- to complete the IES ISS registration 2020. A link of UPSC Recruitment notification and application form will be provided here after official release. Read the article to get complete details of IES ISS 2020 exam.
IES ISS 2020 Important Dates
UPSC Calendar 2020 containing IES ISS dates 2020 is available. Check the exam dates of IES ISS 2020 below
IES ISS Exam Date 2020
|Release of Official IES ISS Notification 2020||March 25, 2020|
|Starting of Online IES ISS 2020 Registration||April 13, 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Filled Online Form||April 13, 2020|
|Last Date to print the Challan form for payment of fee||April 13, 2020|
|Issuance of Admit Card||1st Week of June 2020|
|Indian Economic Service/ Indian Statistical Service Exam 2020 Date||June 26, 2020 (Friday)|
|Declaration for Written Result||July 2020|
|Date of Interview/ Personality Test||August 2020|
|Declaration of Final Result||September 2020|
IES ISS 2020 Post Details
Name of Examination- UPSC Indian Economic Service/ Indian Statistical Service Examination 2020 (IES/ISS Exam)
Total number of vacancies in Junior Time Scale of the Services are given below:-
- Indian Economic Service – 32 Posts
- Indian Statistical Service – 33 Posts
*These are the previous year’s number of post, We will update the final number shortly.
IES ISS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must be either-
- Indian Citizen or
- A subject of Nepal; or
- A subject of Bhutan; or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India; or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India : Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) & (e) above shall be person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Age Limit- A candidate’s age must be between to 21 years to 30 years on 1st August 2020 i.e. he/she must have been born after than 2 August 1990 and before than 1 August 1999.
- For Indian Economic Service– Candidates must have possessed a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a recognized Institute/ University
- For Indian Statistical Service– Candidates must have possessed a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subjects or a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized Institute/ University.
IES ISS 2020 Application Form
The online application form of IES/ ISS Exam 2020 will be updated on the official website of UPSC. We will also update the link on this page (after official release). Online IES ISS 2020 registration will commence from March 25, 2020 and eligible candidates will be able to fill the application form till April 13, 2020, after that the link will be deactivated. Candidates have to fill the part-1 & part-2 of the online application form in response to complete the complete registration procedure. Candidates should also submit the prescribed application fee.
IES ISS Application fee
Candidates have to remit an application fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by using the net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Travancore or by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using Visa/Debit Card/Master Credit. Female/SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
IES ISS 2020 Exam Pattern
Indian Economic Service
|S.No.||Subject||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|1||General English||100||3 hrs.|
|2||General Studies||200||3 hrs.|
|3||General Economics-I||200||3 hrs.|
|4||General Economics-II||200||3 hrs.|
|5||General Economics-III||200||3 hrs.|
|6||Indian Economics||200||3 hrs.|
|Total Marks||1000 Marks|
Indian Statistical Service
|S.No||Subjects||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|1||General English||100||3 hrs|
|2||General Studies||100||3 hrs|
|3||Statistics-I (Objective)||200||2 hrs|
|5||Statistics-III (Subjective)||200||3 hrs|
|6||Statistics-IV (Subjective)||200||3 hrs|
The e-Admit cards of UPSC IES/ ISS 2020 will be uploaded on the Commission’s web portal in June 2020. Applicants will be able to download the same till June 26, 2020. Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in IES/ ISS Exam 2020 who will have their admit card. Link to download the online admit card will be uploaded on this page as well. No offline IES/ISS Admit Card will be sent through the post. The applicants will be able to download the admit card by providing the valid Registration number and their respective date of birth in the provided blanks.
The result of IES/ISS 2020 Written Examination will be issued in the month of July 2020. The IES/ISS Result will be uploaded in the form of PDF format wherein candidates can check the roll numbers of the qualified candidates. Candidates who will qualify the written examination will be called to appear for the Personality Test/ Interview process.
In case of any clarification or guidance related to the application form, eligibility and more, candidates are recommended to contact the UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near ‘C’ Gate of its campus in person or over Telephone No.011-23385271/ 011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 Hrs. and 17.00 Hrs.
IES ISS 2020 Exam Centres-
The examination will be conducted at the following centres-
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for latest updates on UPSC IES/ISS 2020 Examination…!!