How to Become a Pilot in India? Flying high is a dream of millions. However, only a few will be able to achieve their desire. Many students fail to making their dream true just because of less information. To help those aspirants we have provide the entire details on how to become a pilot in India. The journey of becoming a pilot starts from early age. One must have complete dedication and support to get what they want. There are two type of pilots in India one is commercial pilot and another is defence pilot.
Students make have different goals after becoming a pilot in India. If good salary package is your motive then surely go for commercial pilot and if desire to serve the country with grace and glory then undoubtedly choose the later. Now, let’s start with the
Eligibility Criteria to Become A Pilot in India
- Candidates must have qualified Class 10+2 with physics, Chemistry, and Maths obtaining a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
- Medical fitness for both defence pilot and commercial pilot is a must. Your eye vision should be sharp and height should be atleast 5″ feet.
The minimum age limit required to apply for Pilot License, are as follows:
- Student Pilot License-16 years
- Private Pilot License- 17 years
- Commercial Pilot License-18 years
Steps to Become A Commercial Pilot
Enroll in a Flying School- After completing 12th standard with minimum requirement, candidates have to enroll themselves in a good flying schools.
List of India’s best flying schools
- Flying Training Institute, Behala, Kolkata
- Madhya Pradesh Flying Club
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udaan Academy, Uttar Pradesh
- Assam flying Club, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati
- Government Flying Club, Aerodrome, Lucknow
- Indian Aviation Academy, Mumbai
- Aquman School of Pilot Training, Delhi etc.
After completing the course, candidates have to apply for the pilot licence. These flying schools also assist the students to get their licence.
Apart from commercial pilot, candidates can apply for NDA or AFCAT exam to become a pilot in defence services. The complete pilot course fee will be arranged by the respective services Air Force, Army or Navy. Also, the students will get the official certificate to fly the aircraft.
Every flying schools have it’s own terms and conditions and fee structure. Most of institutes takes around 40 to 60 lakhs to complete the course to become a pilot. To make it easy, banks also give loans and help to achieve goals.
Scope after Becoming a Pilot
There are many prestigious companies or organization who give golden opportunity to the pilots. There is the scope of opportunities and growth which is higher than others. These are as follows-
- Air Asia
- Air India
- Spice Jet
- Department of Civil Aviation
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Pvt Ltd
- Skyworld Charter Services
Salary after become a pilot
- Salary of Commercial Pilot – As a fresher they can earn 1.5 Lakh per month and after having experience they can get Rs. 5 to 6 Lakh per month on International route.
- Salary of Military Pilot – Starting salary can be Rs. 80,000 per month and in Mid Level Salary can be 15,00,000
- Salary of Private Pilot – Starting salary can be 1.5 to 2 Lakh and after gaining experience it goes 10,00,000 to 20,00,000.