WBJEE 2019- WB Joint Entrance Exam Board (WBJEEB) conducts WBJEE, also known as West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam at state-level every year for admission to bachelor and master’s programs offered by the various universities of the state. The students will get admissions on the basis of their scores in WBJEE. Through the WBJEE Exam 2019, students can get admission in full-time regular courses in Engineering & Technology (B.Tech/B.E), Pharmacy, and Architecture. The board follows strict rules and regulations for their exam conduction set-up by the Admission Council. The students who are interested in filling the WBJEE 2019 application form must check eligibility and other details. The application forms are available in online mode from 22 December 2018. There is no facility available for filling of applications through offline mode.
We have provided a direct link to apply of WBJEE 2019 Examination below. Check the complete details of WBJEE Examination 2019.
- B.Tech– Bachelor of Technology is a 4-year full-time regular program.
- B.E. – Bachelor of Engineering is a 4-year full-time regular program.
- B.Pharma – Bachelor of Pharmacy consist of 3-year duration.
- M.Pharma – Masters of Pharmacy consists of 2-year duration.
- B.Arch. – Bachelor of Architecture is a 5-year schedule program.
WBJEE 2019 – An Overview
|Exam Name||West-Bengal Joint Entrance Exam|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducted By||West-Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board|
|Exam Category||Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate|
|Exam Type||Objective Type Questions|
WBJEE 2019 Exam Dates-
The University official has released the official dates regarding the entire schedule of the WBJEE 2019. The important dates of WBJEE are available on the official website of the University, www.wbjee.nic.in.
|S.No||Events||Important Dates (Released)|
|1||WBJEE Information Brochure Release Date||14 December 2018|
|2||WBJEE 2019 Application Form availability||26 December 2018|
|3||Last date for the submission of the application form||22 January 2019|
|4||Application correction facility||23- 25 January 2019|
|5||WBJEE Admit card 2019 downloading date||7 May 2019|
|6||WBJEE 2019 Exam Date||26 May 2019|
|7||Availability of Answer key||3rd week of May 2019|
|8||WBJEE Result 2019 Date||25 June 2019|
|9||Beginning of Counseling sessions||4th week of June 2019|
WBJEE 2019 Eligibility criteria
The eligibility of WBJEE 2019 is the qualifying criteria which will be issued by the officials for students to fulfill before applying for the exam. The eligibility criteria include age limit, Citizenship, Domicile and the academic qualification. Students must strictly fulfill the points given. The student, who fails to fulfill any of the criterions at any phase, will not be able to get admission in any college of the state.
Age limit– The minimum age of the applicants must be 17 years during the exam year. The age of the candidates, who are applying for Marine Engineering, should not be more than 25 years of age as on 31st December 2019.
Nationality– The candidate must be a citizen of India.
Domicile– The student must have a domicile of the state of West-Bengal.
Academic Qualification – The students must have passed 10+2 exam from any recognized Central/State board and University/Institute/School. The minimum aggregate marks in PCM subjects required is 45% in case for General category students and 40% has been assigned for students belonging to SC/ST/OBC category. Applicants are required to fulfill all the qualifying criteria above in order to be eligible for taking the entrance exam which is set as necessary by the WBJEE board.
The candidate must have passed 10+2 exam with the following compulsory subjects of Physics and Mathematics along with one of the following optional subjects, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Computer-Science, and Computer Application. The aggregate marks will be calculated based on all three subjects, excluding the theory marks of every student. The student must have qualified English language in 10+2 exam with at least 30% marks.
WBJEE 2019 Application form-
Candidates can access the application form of WBJEE 2019 from 26 December 2018. The Application form is available online on the official website until 1 month from the beginning period. The process for filling the application form will be concluded on 22 January 2019. Students are informed to first download the examination Brochure and read all the instructions carefully.
- The students have to first register themselves on http://www.wbjeeb.in.
- The details arriving henceforth have to be filled carefully. Fill the personal details, course and the exam center/city suitable individually for giving the exam and the communication language you find preferable to communicate.
- This will be followed by a password creation, which requires entering a valid e-mail Id and mobile number. Set a user password, for which the student will receive a confirmation message also. It will be followed by setting up of a security Question, required to be done for password recovery.
- The students have to now upload their scanned images of photographs and signature. It will be strictly done upon the size provided to them. The photograph must be between 3 KB to 100 KB (4 cm x 3 cm dimension) and the signature required to be in the range of 3 KB to 30 KB (4 cm X 1.5 cm dimension). Low quality/blurred images will not be accepted. The background of the photograph must be light in color.
- The details of personal and educational information required to be filled is your full name, Parent’s details, Gender, marks and CGPA obtained in 10th and 10+2 exam, category belonging to, date of birth, etc.
- The students have to now pay the fee of the application, which is assigned to be Rs. 500 for all the students. It can be paid in both online and offline modes.
- The important documents of the students are also required to be uploaded with the application form, these are as follows. Mark sheet of 10th and 12th Graduation degree mark sheet and certificate. Category certificate. Domicile certificate. Residential address proof. Transfer certificate, get it from the last studied school.
- Students must check the details and inputs in their forms before submitting it. They must make sure that the information provided by them is true at all costs.
- If they have committed any mistake, they are provided with a correction window for the Application, in which they can change and edit some of the information from the form, like Domicile, category, TWW status, PwD status, and any of the uploaded documents.
After the students are redirected to the payment section, the student has to select the payment method, from offline or online mode. The WBJEE 2019 application fee of Rs. 500 can be paid online through any debit card, credit card, or Net-Banking facility. For this, the details of the card have to be entered in the box provided without any mistake of any input. The offline payment can be done using Allahabad Bank e-Challan method, with Core Banking Services. The Application fee is non-refundable at any circumstance.
On successful completion of all the steps, students will be automatically directed towards the Confirmation page which will be the final stage. The students have to note down their application number generated and also download the same. The WBJEE 2019 application will be considered incomplete without this confirmation page, so make sure that every student must hold it.
WBJEE 2019 Exam pattern
The WBJEE paper pattern helps in understanding and creating proper techniques, for forming ways of preparation and schedule, which will help the students in qualifying the exam.
|Total Time||Four Hours|
|Language of Question Paper||English|
|Type of Examination||Objective Type Questions|
|Number of Questions||200 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each correct response
No negative marking
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Syllabus||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Locations and Exam Centres||Tentatively in 25 cities of India|
|Subject||Category 1||Category 2||Category 3||Total MCQs||Total Marks|
|Biology||80 x 1||25 x 2||10 x 2||115||150|
|30 x 1
30 x 1
|5 x 2
5 x 2
|5 x 2
5 x 2
|Mathematics||50 x 1||15 x 2||10 x 2||75||100|
WBJEE 2019 Reservation of Seats-
The Admission Council has made some reservations based on the category of the students. The categories and their reserved percentage are elaborated below. Provided that the WBJEE 2019 admissions will be based on the performance in the entrance, the seats will be allotted as per the reservations.
|General Category students||50 percent|
|Scheduled Caste (SC and ST)||15 percent|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||15 percent|
|PwD category students||20 percent|
WBJEE 2019 Admit card
The admit card of WBJEE 2019 will be available to download in April 2019. It can be downloaded online from the official website. The WBJEE admit card is meant to acknowledge a brief description of the candidate profile and necessary details required for exam. It is a compulsory document for appearing in the exam, without which, the candidate gets disqualified from, the examination hall and appearing in the exam.
- Visit the official website of the University and search for the admit card link “Admit card WBJEE 2019”.
- Enter your user Id and password, beside this also fill your Application number and submit the credentials.
- This will opens the page of admit card, which has to be downloaded/printed. Students must also read the instructions given on the admit card below.
The admit card contains details of candidates and the examination, like Name, photograph, signature, contact details, exam center address, date, duration, and timings.
WBJEE 2019 Syllabus
WBJEE Syllabus consists of subjects like Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
Mathematics – Algebra, Probability, Trigonometry, Geometry, Calculus, Integration and Differentiation, Relation and functions, Matrices and determinants, Inverse Trigonometric functions, Continuity and differentiability, Applications of derivatives, Vectors and 3-D Geometry, Linear Programming, Sequences and series, and Permutation and Combinations.
Physics – Electrostatics, Electric Charges and fields, Capacitance, Current Electricity, Magnetic effects and Magnetism, Electromagnetic induction, Alternating current, Optics and waves, Radiation and Atomic nuclei, and Communication system.
Chemistry – Solid state of matter, Solutions, Electrochemistry and Chemical kinetics, Surface chemistry, Isolations and Elements, Block elements, Coordination Compounds, Halo-alkanes and Halo-arenes, Alcohol, Phenols, and Ethers, Organic compounds, Polymers and Chemistry in Everyday life.
WBJEE 2019 Result
The result of WBJEE 2019 will be available in the month of June 2019. The results can be viewed and downloaded from the official website in online mode only.
- Visit the website and click on the link of “WBJEE Result 2019”.
- Open the link and enter the details required. Application number and Roll no, password & captcha code. This opens the Result page.
- This is available for downloading. The Rank-card is also required for further processes.
WBJEE 2019 Counseling
- After result gets declared, the board begins their counselling sessions. Students are selected upon their respective ranks scored. Cut-off marks are made by the University for the selected students.
- The counseling sessions are organized in offline mode and the students will be informed about its schedule.
- The students have to first register themselves for counseling and have to pay the counseling fee of Rs 500 + Bank charges, which is non-refundable.
- The students have to select a course and an Institute as per own preference. The student can choose as many choices as they want to and the locked chosen one have to print out for further use.
- The seats will be allotted as per the scores obtained in WBJEE 2019 and the merit-list generated by the University. No individual allotment letters will be sent to students, they have to report at the counseling center to complete the further admission formalities.
- The Document Verification stage arrives in which the students have to submit their relevant documents for verification. Payment of the counseling fee is being done at this stage only.
The documents required for final admission are –
- Admit card and score-card of WBJEE 2019,
- Seat allotment letter,
- Receipt of counseling registration fee,
- mark sheets and passing certificates of 10th and 10+2 exam,
- Category certificate
- a separate PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate of the student.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for Latest Updates on WBJEE 2019!