WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2023– WBJEEB will release the complete eligibility criteria of WBJEE 2023 along with the information brochure in December 2022. WBJEE 2023 eligibility criteria are different for a few institutes and courses. Aspirants must check the WBJEE eligibility 2023 conditions from nationality to minimum marks required to apply for West Bengal Joint Entrance exam. WBJEE application forms will be released in December 2022. Candidates who satisfy WBJEE exam eligibility will be able to apply online till January 2023.
WBJEE 2023 entrance test will be conducted in offline mode on April 2023 and only eligible candidates are allowed to appear in the test. Hence, it is necessary for all the aspirants to check the WBJEE 2023 eligibility criteria before filling the application forms. In this article, we are providing the details of the WBJEE eligibility criteria 2023 that are required for the exam.
Also Read- WBJEE 2023 Syllabus
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2023
In this section, we will be providing the details of the age required, educational requirements, etc. for the exam.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India OR OCI (subject to approval of Competent Authority). OCI candidates are eligible for UR seats in All India quota only.
- They must have passed class XII or any equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biology / Biotechnology / Computer Application/ Computer Science
- The age of a candidate should be 17 years as on December 31, 2022. There is no upper age limit for the examination except Marine Engineering. The upper age limit for Marine Engineering is 25 Years. However, aspirants should be born on or before December 31, 2006.
- The minimum marks in the qualifying examination should be 45% (40% for the candidates belonging to ST, SC, OBC, PwD)
- The minimum of 30% marks is also required in the English subject.
Also Read- WBJEE 2023 Admit Card
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2023 (Colleges-Wise)
|University of Calcutta||All Courses except Jute & Fibre Technology- Qualified ‘10+2’ or equivalent from a recognised Council/ Board in with PCM as major subjects with a minimum 60% (55% for SC, ST, OBC, PwD Candidates)
Jute & Fibre Technology- Major subjects in 10+2 should be Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology as compulsory subjects with at least 60% (50% for for SC, ST, OBC, PwD Candidates)
|Jadavpur University (Faculty of Engineering & Technology)||Passed ‘10+2’ or equivalent Exam from a recognised Council/ Board with PCM as compulsory subjects and a minimum 60% (45% for SC, ST, OBC, PwD Candidates)|
|West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences B. Tech (Dairy Technology) course||Passed ‘10+2’ exam with n with PCM as major subjects from any recognized Council/ Board and must have obtained at least 50% marks (40% for SC, ST, OBC, PwD Candidates)|
|Neotia University||Computer Science & Engineering and Robotic Engineering- Passed ‘10+2’ or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry/ Computer Sc. as major subjects with at least 60% marks in the above three subjects taken together.
Other B. Tech Courses- Passed ‘10+2’ or equivalent exam with PCM as major subjects and must have attained 60% marks
Marine Engineering- Passed ‘10+2’ or equivalent exam with PCM with at least 60% marks and at least 50% marks in English.
|JIS University||Pass ‘10+2’ or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry/ Computer Sc. as major subjects with at least 60% marks (55% for reserved categories) in the above three subjects taken together|
The candidates must satisfy all the WBJEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria provided above. If the ineligible candidates fill and submit their application for the exam, then it will be rejected in the screening process and application fee will not be refunded as well.
Also Read- WBJEE Result
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for latest updates on WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2023.!!