SSC CGL 2018 Exam Preparation Tips – The Staff Selection Commission- Combined Graduate Level (SSC-CGL) Examination is conducted every year for recruitment to various posts like Inspector of IT/Central Excise Department, Superintendent in the CBI, Divisional Accountant, etc. Each year lakhs of students appear for SSC CGL exam, but only the most skilled and prepared get through. Here, we have mentioned some easy to follow SSC CGL Exam Preparation Tips 2018.
Preparation gets you half the way across any exam. Preparation does not just mean knowing facts and figures but being ready for any kind of question, honing your logical and reasoning skills and to be familiar with the overall picture. To do well in an exam, it is important to know how to tackle each question the right way to obtain the maximum score. Hence, listed SSC CGL Exam Preparation Tips 2018 can help you well in making most of the exam.
The Examination is divided into three Tiers in which the first two are based on competitive assessments and Tier III is a skill estimation test as follows:
- Tier I- Objective Multiple Choice Questions.
- Tier II- Objective Multiple Choice Questions.
- Tier III- Computer Proficiency Test/Suitable skill Evaluation.
CGL Tier- I Exam pattern is as follows:
|PART||Subject||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
- Time Duration- 60 minutes (2 Hour) for 200 questions.
- Negative Marks of 0.25 will be accumulated for every incorrect answer in Tier I.
SSC CGL Exam Preparation Tips 2018
The following tips and tricks address the SSC CGL Tier I Examination:
SSC CGL Exam Preparation Tips for General Intelligence and Reasoning
This section must be dealt with utmost care since it is a major contributing factor towards the overall score. It is much easier and quicker to build a total on this chunk. Questions on Logical Reasoning take much less time compared to others provided candidates have had sufficient practice. During preparation, assign the General Intelligence and Reasoning section as your prime focus.Use it as a weapon to get through the most of the exam and the rest will follow suit. Devote the maximum of your study here.
2. SSC CGL Exam Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude
Questions that can appear in this section are mainly based on the following concepts:
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Profit and Loss.
- Distance and Work.
- Elementary Mensuration.
Students need to concentrate for the most part on the above-mentioned topics without neglecting the rest of the syllabus. The difficulty level of the questions is on par with 10+2. Make your foundation strong if you hope to do well in this section. Memorize important formulae and be well versed in Tables from 1 through 20. Also, learn square roots and cube roots up to 20. Once you are through on basic, it will be easier to sail through this section with flying colors provided you have sound knowledge of every topic.
3. SSC CGL Exam Preparation Tips for General English
This is the most challenging section where students fail to obtain the bare minimum required to clear. The best way to prepare yourself here is to spend maximum time reading and conversing in the English language.
Try the following tips to better your English speaking abilities:
- Read English Books- A Novel, a book or even a magazine will do.
- Watch English Movies- There is no better way to learn the English Language than to watch English Movies (mostly British). Making use of subtitles is an excellent way to understand better and learn proper grammar and sentence structure.
- Converse with your peers who are fluent in English and possess impeccable grammar- Ask them to correct you when you commit a mistake. This is the best way to ingrain correct grammar in your mind that you will never forget. Don’t expect to score a 100% in this section since full marks is not awarded for English.
Important Questions include Grammar, Comprehension, Error Correction, Vocabulary and Synonyms/Antonyms. Use ‘Wren ‘n Martin’s as a reference book.
4. SSC CGL Exam Preparation Tips for General Awareness:
This is deemed as the most important among all the sections of the Tier I Exam because mostly it can be tackled quickly and maximum marks can be extracted from it.
Prepare yourself on the following topics more than others:
- General Knowledge
- Important Days
- Important Persons
- Award Winners
- Book and Authors.
- Games and Cups.
Make a note of these study tips to prepare yourself effectively here:
- Stay on par with National as well as International news on a day-to-day basis.
- Use reference books like Competition Master, Competition Success Review or Pratiyogita Darpan.
- Study the last budget passed by the Central Government.
CGL Tier II Exam pattern is as follows:
|PAPER||Subject||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|IV||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
|II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
- Time Duration-120 minutes for each Paper.
- Negative Marks of 0.25 will be accumulated for every incorrect answer in Paper II and 0.50 in Paper I/III.
SSC CGL Exam Preparation Tips 2018 for SSC CGL Tier II Exam-
- Quantitative Ability: This First Paper is to be taken mandatorily by each candidate. The purview of this test is to test number sense and computation skills of candidates. Have rigorous practice solving mathematical problems according to the syllabus. Read-through will never work.
- English Language and Comprehension: This section will test advanced English skills of Candidates. Consult grammar books and give yourself practice tests to excel here.
Paper-III is to be attempted only for applications for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr. II and Paper IV for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
Keep Checking StudyGrades for more details of SSC CGL Exam Preparation Tips 2018..!!