NEET 2019– National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG), also referred as NEET 2019 twice in a year, in February & May 2019 for admission to MBBS/BDS Programmes in various Medical/Dental Colleges in India, approved by Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The application form of NEET UG 2019 for February Exam will be released online on 01 October 2018. Eligible candidates can now send their application form with all the details through online mode. Aspirants can either click the below given link or visit the official website of National Testing Agency (NTA) http://nta.ac.in to submit their online application form till 31 October 2018 (23:50 Hrs). The NEET 2019 examination will be an objective type test. The duration of the test will be 03 hours and will be conducted from 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM. NEET UG 2018 will be held in Online (Computer based) mode only. Previously, the exam was held by CBSE once in a year, however, according to the latest NTA News, NEET 2019 will be held twice in a year from 03 to 17 February 2019 and from 07 to 21 April 2019. The exam pattern and syllabus of NEET will remain the same.
Here, we have summarized the complete details related to the NEET 2019 Examination such as eligibility criteria, important dates, examination pattern, syllabus and others. Read the article for complete details.
NEET 2019 Important Dates
After execution of last date, no application form will be accepted. Hence, candidates should keep all the important dates in their mind while applying for the test.
|1||Online Registration Start Date||01 October 2018|
|2||Registration End Date||31 October 2018 upto 23:50 Hrs|
|3||Last Date to Pay Application Fee||31 October 2018 upto 23:50 Hrs|
|4||Online Form Correction Facility Start Date||November 2018|
|5||Last Date to Correct Forms||November 2018|
|6||Release of NEET Admit Card||2nd Week of January 2018|
|7||NEET UG 2019 Exam Date||03- 17 February 2019|
|8||Display of OMR Sheets||To be intimated shortly|
|9||Release of Official NEET Answer Keys||To be intimated shortly|
|10||Declaration of NEET Result||1st Week of February 2019|
NEET May 2019 Dates
|NEET 2019 (May)|
|1||Online Application Submission Starts on||2nd Week of February 2019|
|2||Last Date to Submit Online Forms||2nd week of March 2019|
|3||NEET May 2019 Exam Dates||07- 21 April 2019|
|4||Result Declaration Dates||1st Week of May 2019|
NEET 2019- Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should check the complete NEET eligibility criteria before filling registration forms as ineligible candidates are not allowed to appear in the examination. Read the eligibility carefully to avoid any hassles-
The NEET 2019 age criteria is as follows-
- The age of candidates should be between 17 to 25 years as on 31 December 2018. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and physically challenge candidates can avail the 05 years’ relaxation in the upper age limit.
- Candidates belonging to Unreserved Category (UR) should be born on or between 07 May 1994 and 01 January 2003
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH Category should be born on or between 07 May 1989 and 01 January 2003
Only Indian Nationals, NRIs, Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs) and Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats
NEET 2019- Reservation of Seats
|1||Physically Handicapped (PH)||5%|
|2||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.50%|
|3||Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|4||OBC (Other Backward Classes)||27%|
- Candidates who have qualified the Intermediate or Higher/Senior Secondary Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as major subjects are eligible to apply.
- A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 12th Standard in 2018, whose result is awaited, may apply
NEET 2019 Application Form
The NEET application form has been issued by NTA on 01 October 2018. Aspirants can apply online till 31 October 2018 (23:50 Hrs). To access the application form, candidates have to visit the official website of NTA, http://nta.ac.in or click the above given link. Candidates are allowed to submit only one application form. Candidates will need a valid Aadhaar number to register for NEET 2019. The application form will be completed in 04 different steps
How to Apply Online for NEET 2019
- Step-1- Fill the Online Application Form– Access the link and fill the asked details such as Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Category, Gender, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and more.
- Step-2- Upload photo and signature- After submitting the details, candidates should upload the scanned images of signature and recent photograph of specific size and format.
- Step-3- Make Payment of Fee– To complete the application process, candidates have to pay the application fee through online mode and click the “Submit” button.
- Step-4- Print Confirmation Page– On successful completion of form, a Confirmation page will appear on the computer screen. Candidates should download the same for future purpose.
NEET 2019 Application Fee
|S. No.||Categories||Application Fees|
|1||For General/OBC Categories||Rs. 1,400|
|2||For SC/ST/PH Categories||Rs. 750|
NEET 2019 Specification of Images
- All the images that need to be uploaded should be in JPG format.
- The size of scanned photograph should be between 10Kb to 100Kb.
- The size of signature image should be between 3Kb to 20Kb.
Keep the mentioned documents for future use
|(i)||Proof of application fee payment|
|(ii)||Confirmation Page of NEET Application form|
|(iii)||Copy of the computer generated Self Declaration in respect of candidates from J & K state who have opted for seats under 15% All India Quota|
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
It is necessary to have the complete details of NEET Exam Pattern in order to excel in the exam with good marks.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
- For each correct answer, candidates will receive 4 marks.
- For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- The questions paper will contain multiple choice types questions.
- The test will be conducted in pen and paper mode.
- The duration of NEET 2019 will be 03 hours.
NEET 2019 Syllabus
For NEET Syllabus, candidates have to prefer class XI & Class XII syllabus. Candidates should give equal importance to Physics, Chemistry and Biology to get good marks in NEET 2019 A few topics are mentioned below for your convenience-
|Class XI||Class XII|
|1||Physical world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|3||Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|4||Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|5||Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|6||Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Class XI||Class XII|
|1||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|2||Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|3||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|4||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|5||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Class XI||Class XII|
|1||Diversity in Living||Reproduction|
|2||Cell Structure and Function||Genetics and Evolution|
|3||Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|4||Human physiology||Biology and Human Welfare|
NEET 2019 Admit Card
The NEET admit card will be released on the official website of NTA in the 2nd week of January 2019. We will host the link to the admit card on this page as well. Candidates will require their application number/ registration number along with the password in order to download the admit card. It is suggested to download the same before the examination to avoid the last minute rush and keep it safe till the completion of admission process. The admit card contains important details such as examination venue, roll number, name of the candidate, Photograph, Signature, category and more.
NEET 2019 Result
The result of NEET 2019 will be declared in 1st Week of February 2019 on the official website. Candidates will need their application number and the password to check the result. The result will contain the section-wise marks and the rank secured by the candidates. The scorecard will also be available on the same date. Candidates can download the same and keep it safe as they need to produce the score card during the counselling and seat allotment process.
NEET 2019 Answer Keys
CBSE will issue the images of OMR Answer Sheets and Responses and NEET answer keys on the website www.cbseneet.nic.in. The exact date of their issuance will be declared in short while. If any candidates find error in the OMR sheet or answer key then they can challenge the OMR on payment of non-refundable fee of Rs.1000/- per response.
NEET 2019 Exam Centers
NEET UG Examination 2018 will be conducted at 150 cities. Candidates have to choose their preferences while filling the application form. Among the three preferences, one nearest exam center will be allotted on the basis of availability. Check Complete NEET Exam centers list here
A list of few exam centers
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for Latest Updates on NEET 2019!