JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2024– NTA will release the eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2024 in November 2023 at jeemain.nta.nic.in. The complete JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria will be revealed in the JEE Main 2024 official notification. JEE Mains eligibility criteria 2024 includes the basic requirements such as age requirements, academic qualifications, and other eligibility norms. As per the NTA JEE Main exam eligibility 2024, candidates should have passed class XII or any equivalent examination in 2023 or 2024. For the ease of the aspirants, complete eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2024 has been provided here.
It is necessary to satisfy all the JEE Main 2024 eligibility terms else candidates’ forms will be rejected without any intimation. Refer the below provided details for JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2024 to get the complete information-
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2024
Candidates should have a valid Aadhaar Card in order to apply for JEE Main 2024. Alongside, candidates have to satisfy the below mentioned JEE Main eligibility 2024 norms-
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2024- Age Limit
- There is no age limit to apply for JEE Main 2024.
- Candidates must be an India Citizen.
List of Qualifying Exams
- Final exam of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/ State Board.
- Intermediate or 2-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final exam of the 2-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Exam conducted by the NIOS with a minimum of 5 subjects.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least 3 yrs duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) exam (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Exam.
- High School Certificate Exam of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2024- Educational Qualification
- Candidates should have qualified their class 12th examination or equivalent in 2022 or 2023 are eligible to appear for JEE Mains 2024.
- Candidates who are appearing in qualifying exam in 2024 are also eligible.
- Candidates who qualified the Class 12th exam in 2022 or before or the candidates who are intended to appear in qualifying exam in 2024 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2024.
- In order to get admission in IITs, NITs and CFTIs, candidates must have secured at least 75% marks (65% for SC/ST candidates) in qualifying examination.
Number of Attempts – NTA has not specified any minimum or maximum number of attempts for JEE Main 2024. However, candidates do note that IITs permit only two attempts for the JEE (Advanced).
Number of attempts and age limit for the candidates belonging to Odisha State – The age limit of the candidates belonging to the State of Odisha for admission to institutions in the Odisha will remain the same as per the previous practices, based on their Sate level examinations. The number of attempts will also be the same as followed in the past, however, will not be applicable to get admission in IITs/NITs/IIITs/CFTIs.
JEE Main Eligibility 2024 for Admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs
NTA will consider 75% criteria for JEE Mains 2024. Candidate should have secured a minimum of 75% marks (65% for SC/ ST Candidates) in the 12th class exam, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards.
Stay Connected with StudyGrades for latest updates on JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2024..!!