XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) is regarded as the second most important entrance exam for taking admission to MBA courses after CAT (Common Admission Test) in India. XAT was earlier known to be one of the toughest MBA entrance exams. But the authorities have reduced the level of
How to Get 99+ Percentile in XAT 2020?
XAT consists of 2 parts:
Part I: The time limit for this section is 170 minutes. It has multiple choice questions with 5 options.
There is negative marking of 1/4th mark for every wrong answer as well negative marks for not attempting a question as well. The part I have various sections to it which include:
- Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning- 26 questions
- Decision Making- 23 questions
- Quantitative ability and Data interpretation- 29 questions
Part II: The time allotted for this section is 35 minutes and there is no negative marking in this part. This part has the following sections:
- Essay writing
- General awareness- 25 questions
Top institutes accepting XAT score focusses on overall XAT cut off as well as sectional cut off. While the other colleges don’t focus on sectional cut offs. Therefore, the candidate should make the strategy as per his goals and ability.
It is advisable to keep a 10 minutes buffer time while dividing the time amongst the various sections.
XAT 2020 Preparation for Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning
The syllabus for the section includes:
- Vocabulary and fill in the blanks
- Para Jumbles
- Para completion/summary
- Critical reasoning
- Reading comprehension
To excel in this section one should read a lot, should study a lot of Mock papers under the time restriction. One should consciously add words to their vocabulary by practicing in daily English.
For this, one can use some book for vocabulary like Barron’s etc. However, the best approach for this section is read a lot and practice a lot of Mock and previous year papers in exam like situation.
XAT 2020 Preparation for Decision Making
This is a section which is exclusive to XAT 2020. This section has different cases
The strategy to excel in this section includes:
- Understanding the objective of the question in a management context
- Practice a 5-6 years XAT previous year papers to get a command and understanding of these sections
- Also try to have section wise tests. It is also important to analyze your answers and also the mistakes done.
- Persistence and practice is the key to excel in this section.
XAT 2020 Preparation for Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
One should have a division of time for the two sections separately.
- The important thing is to evaluate the questions to attempt.
- One should first select the easier questions and attempt them and then the person should attempt the questions which are a bit tricky.
Again it is important to practice a lot for this section.
|S.No||Question Paper||Download XAT Papers|
|1||XAT 2018 Question Paper||Download Here|
|2||XAT 2016 Question Paper||Download Here|
|3||XAT 2015 Question Paper||Download Here|
XAT 2020 Preparation Books
Below are some of the books that can help you in the preparation for XAT:
- Quantitative aptitude for XAT by Arun Sharma and
- Quantitative aptitude Quantum XAT by Sarvesh K Verma
- Data Interpretation for the CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
- Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma
Verbal ability And Reading Comprehension–
- Verbal ability and reading comprehension by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyaya
- Word Power Made Easy Book by Norman Lewis
- The Students’ Companion Book by Wilfred D.Best
- High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren, Martin
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT by Nishit K Sinha
Above are some of the books for preparation; however the best way is to practice using old papers.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for Latest Updates on How to Get 99+ Percentile in XAT 2020!