XAT 2019 Examination– XLRI will conduct the XAT 2019 (Xavier Aptitude Test) in the first week of January 2019. The online registration for XAT Exam will be commenced online in the third week of August 2018, on XAT Official website, xatonline.in and eligible candidates will be able to submit the online form till the last week of November 2018. XAT is an all India level examination, conducted to select the most eligible students for management courses. From 2018, the examination mode was changed to online (computer-based). Candidates seeking admission to the MBA courses provided by the XLRI must be well aware of Xavier’s Aptitude Test, popularly known as XAT. This is a sought after examination because of the commendable name of the Institute all across the country.
The XAT 2019 score is being accepted by around 150 institutes including FORE School of Management, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Goa Institute of Management, JIMS, K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, MISB Bocconi etc. There are over 90,000 candidates taking the XAT every year and it is only growing in number. With the number of seats being limited and the takers being huge in number, the competition also keeps growing each year. We will host the direct link of XAT application form on this page-
XAT 2019 Important Dates
|1||Release of XAT 2019 Notification||Last Week of July 2018|
|2||Online Registration Start Date||First week of September 2018|
|3||Deadline to Submit XAT Forms||Second Week of December 2019|
|4||XAT Admit Card Release Date||Third week of December 2018|
|5||XAT 2019 Exam Dates||First week of January 2019|
|6||Release of Official Answer Keys||Second Week of January 2019|
|7||OMR Sheets to be Issued on||Last week of January 2019|
|8||XAT Result Declaration Date||Last week of January 2019|
|9||Release of Cut off & Shortlist for Interview||Last week of January 2019|
|10||Deadline to Submit Necessary Documents||First week of February 2019|
The XAT 2019 is expected to have over 1 lakh potential candidates taking the exam. The XAT scores will not only be accepted by the XLRI but also be a crucial aspect in the selection procedure conducted by over 150 business schools. These scores are widely accepted by a number of other colleges as well.
XAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for XAT 2019, candidates should satisfy the below given XAT Eligibility. Any candidate fails to satisfy the same will not be able to submit their online application form.
- The candidate must have completed their graduation from a recognized college or University.
- Those candidates who are in their final year are also eligible to apply for the same.
XAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- It will be a computer-based test (online).
- The exam duration will be 215 minutes (03 hours 35 minutes).
- The question paper will contain 05 sections i.e. Quantitative Ability, English Language & Logical Reasoning, Decision Making, GK, Essay
- 01 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- 1/4th marks will be deducted for the wrong answer and 0.05 marks will be deducted for the unattempted question.
|Parts||Sections||No. of Questions||Duration|
|Part I||Verbal and logical ability||74||170 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation|
|Part II||GK||25||40 minutes|
|Essay Writing||1 Topic|
XAT 2019 Application Form
- The application forms will be released online only after an official notice concerning the XAT 2019 is released by the official conducting body of the exam.
- Once the Application forms are made available online, the candidates can simply fill the forms online and make the payment for the application fees either online or offline.
- The application procedure is hassle free and has been made user friendly.
- There is a provision to make the application fee payment online via net banking/credit card/debit card while candidates can also choose to do this offline using a demand draft drawn in the name of the institute.
- The application process will only be complete after the payment of the application fees.
- Candidates must be alert and fill the form on time as the application process to be concluded in the last week of November 2018 after which nobody can apply for the XAT 2019.
XAT Application Fee-
- XAT Registration without late fee- INR 1650, INR 300 per XLRI course
- XAT Registration without late fee- INR 2000, INR 500 per XLRI course
XAT 2019 Syllabus
|1||Verbal and Logical Ability||Vocabulary, Analogy-based on vocabulary, Sentence correction, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Paragraph Formation Questions, Fill in the blanks, Poem, etc.|
|2||GK||History, Currency, National Capital, Culture, Invention, Geography, Books and authors, Important Dates, Personalities, Films, Current affairs, Science and Business, etc.|
|3||QA & DI||Percentage, Time & Work, Equations, Profit & Loss, Time & Distance, Polynomials, Numbers, Permutation and Combination, Progressions, Probability, Scatter Plots and Bar Charts, Data Sufficiency, etc.|
|4||Essay Writing||The topics of this section will be related to the current events and happening around the world or social issues.|
|5||Decision-Making||Arithmetic, Analytical Reasoning, Situational, etc.|
XAT 2019 Admit Card
- The XAT Admit card will be issued to the candidates well in advance.
- These admit cards must be carried by every candidate to the examination venue on the day of the exam failing which the candidate cannot take the test.
- It is necessary that the candidates bring supporting documents or ID proofs along with their admit cards.
- These Admit cards will be easily accessible and can be downloaded online using the special registration/roll no. given to each candidate.
XAT 2019 Result
- The XAT Result will also be published online.
- The candidates can check their scores by logging into their account using their details.
Once the XAT scores are published online, the institutes and business schools will draw up their cut off mark sheets so that the candidates can be called for the counseling accordingly.
XAT 2019 Exam Centres
XAT 2019 will be conducted across India in the below-mentioned cities and two International studies including Dubai and Kathmandu
Exam Centres in India
XAT 2019 Cut Off
After the declaration of result, XLRI Jamshedpur will release the XAT Cut off Marks. The cutoff percentile is the minimum percentile that a candidate should attain in the test. It will depend on various factors such as the number of test takers, the difficulty level of exam, and a number of seats offered in a particular course.
XAT Cut off for BM Courses
XAT Cut off for HR Courses
XAT Cut off for GMP Programme – 68 percentile
XAT 2019 Participating Institutes
Around 150 participating institutes will accept the XAT score. The list of participating institutes includes Xavier Associate Management Institutes (XAMI) or non-XAMI. Below is the list of a few participating colleges-
- XLRI – Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
- Xavier Institute of Management, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
- Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for latest Updates on XAT 2019..!!