XAT Exam Pattern 2020– The candidates seeking admission to the XLRI Jamshedpur for the academic session from 2020-21 must take the XAT 2020, also referred as Xavier’s Aptitude Test. It is conducted to select the eligible candidates for various XLRI Institutes across the country. Based on XAT Scores and the XAT cut off, candidates will be shortlisted. Here, we have mentioned the XAT 2020 exam pattern consisting the number of question asked, total test duration, subjects covered and more. Aspirants must be aware of the complete XAT exam pattern 2020 to prepare well for the test.
The candidates who qualify the test will be called for
It is important for the candidates to be well prepared for the written test and score as high as possible in order to get through the test and be allotted a seat in either of the management XLRI institutes.
XAT Exam Pattern 2020
- The XAT 2020 is a national level online entrance test.
- There will be two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. These papers have further sections
- Paper 1 will have a total of 78 questions. This Paper will include questions on Decision Making, Verbal & Logical Ability and Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation.
- Paper 2 will consist of a total of 25 questions. These will be subjective type questions based on the general awareness of the candidate and essay writing skills.
- The time allotted for both the papers is separate. The candidates will be required to attempt Paper 1 within 170 minutes and Paper 2 within 35 minutes. There will be no extra time given to the candidates to answer the paper.
- The candidates are allowed to leave not more than 13 questions unanswered. However, there will be a deduction of 0.5 marks made for every un-attempted question after the allotted time is up.
- Given below is the distribution of questions that will be asked from each section –
- Decision Making – 26 questions
- Verbal & Logical Ability – 23 questions
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation – 29 questions
- General Awareness – 25 questions
- Essay type Answer – 1 question
XAT 2020 Exam Pattern
|Paper||Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Total Time||Negative Marking|
|Paper 1||Decision Making||21||21||170 Min||
0.25 for any wrong answer|
0.05 for more than 12 unattempted questions
|Verbal and Logical Ability||24||24|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QA & DI)||27||27|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge (GK)||25||25||35 in||No Negative Marking|
|Essay Writing||1 essay|
To get the complete hold on XAT Exam pattern and the difficulty level of XAT 2020, candidates are suggested to solve maximum number of previous year’s papers & XAT 2020 sample papers.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for Latest Updates on XAT Exam Pattern 2020!!