XAT Exam Pattern 2019– The candidates seeking admission to the XLRI Jamshedpur for the academic session from 2019-20 must take the XAT 2019. The candidates who qualify the test are shortlisted based on the cutoff marks and are called for counseling. The candidates are allotted counseling based on their aggregate XAT score. The counseling will also be held online. The result for the XAT 2019 will be put up online and published on the website for the candidates to check their score. They will need their roll number to check their results on the official XLRI website.
The written test which is essentially Xavier’s Aptitude Test, known as XAT, is conducted to screen candidates to then be allotted seats at the various XLRI Institutes across the country. The centers they will be allotted will be based on their score in the XAT 2019 and the XAT cut off for that city. It is important for the candidates to be well prepared for the written test and score as high as possible in order to get through the test and be allotted a seat in either of the management XLRI institutes.
XAT Exam Pattern 2019
- The XAT will be a written test and not an online test.
- There will be two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. These papers have further sections.
- Paper 1 will have a total of 78 questions. This Paper will include questions on Decision Making, Verbal & Logical Ability and Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation.
- Paper 2 will consist of a total of 25 questions. These will be subjective type questions based on the general awareness of the candidate and essay writing skills.
- The time allotted for both the papers is separate. The candidates will be required to attempt Paper 1 within 170 minutes and Paper 2 within 35 minutes. There will be no extra time given to the candidates to answer the paper.
- The candidates are allowed to leave not more than 13 questions unanswered. However, there will be a deduction of 0.5 marks made for every un-attempted question after the allotted time is up.
- Given below is the distribution of questions that will be asked from each section –
- Decision Making – 26 questions
- Verbal & Logical Ability – 23 questions
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation – 29 questions
- General Awareness – 25 questions
- Essay type Answer – 1 question
XAT Exam Pattern 2019
|Paper||Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Total Time||Negative Marking|
|Paper 1||Decision Making||21||21||170 Min||0.25 for any wrong answer
0.05 for more than 12 unattempted questions
|Verbal and Logical Ability||24||24|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QA & DI)||27||27|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge (GK)||25||25||35 in||No Negative Marking|
|Essay Writing||1 essay|
To get the complete hold on XAT 2019 Exam pattern and the difficulty level of XAT 2019, candidates are suggested to solve maximum number of XAT sample papers.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for Latest Updates on XAT Exam Pattern 2019..!!