UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020– UPSC released CDS 2020 syllabus for English, GK, Mathematics for better exam preparation. The syllabus of CDS 2020 comprises of important subjects and topics that aspirants need to prepare for Combined Defence Services exam 2020. Candidates must have the precise and complete details of exam pattern and UPSC CDS 2020 syllabus in order to crack the exam. Combined Defence Service Exam 2020 will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), twice in a year i.e. on February 2, 2020 & November 8, 2020. CDS II 2019 is scheduled to be held on 08 September 2019. Here, we have mentioned the complete UPSC CDS syllabus 2020 for better CDS preparation.
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020 for English
Candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words will be tested in this section.
- Reading Comprehension
- Ordering of sentences
- Selecting Words
- Word substitution
- Spotting Errors
Best Books to Prepare for CDS 2020 English
To prepare the above CDS English syllabus 2020, below are the best books to prefer-
- Objective General English by Arihant
- Word Power Made Easy: Norman Lewis
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020 for General Knowledge
- This section includes questions from the current affairs related to History of India, Geography, Politics, Authors, Indian Economy, Sports, Awards & Honors Sports, Finance, Agriculture, etc.
- Candidates can prepare for this section by reading daily newspaper or watch news.
- The best books for GK sections is Lucent’s General Knowledge and Competition in Focus
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020 for Elementary Mathematics
- Number System-Natural numbers
- Fundamental Operations addition
- Time and distance
- Square roots
- Unitary method
- Time and work
- Applications to simple and compound interest
- Profit and loss
- Ratio and proportion
Elementary Number Theory-
- Division algorithm
- Multiples and factors
- Prime and composite numbers
- Tests of divisibility by 2, 3,4,5,9 and 11
- Euclidean algorithm
- Factorisation Theorem
- H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Logarithms to base 10
- Laws of logarithms
- Use of logarithmic tables
- Basic Operations
- H.C.F., L.C.M.
- Theory of polynomials
- Simple factors
- Remainder Theorem
- Solutions of Quadratic equations relation between its roots and coefficients
- Simultaneous linear in equations in two variables and their solutions
- Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions
- Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or in equations in two Variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions
- Laws of indices
- Set language and set notation
- Rational expressions and conditional identities
- Sine x, cosine x, Tangent x when 0 <x < 90 Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90
- Simple cases of heights and distances.
- Use of trigonometric tables.
- Simple trigonometric identities.
- Lines and Angles
- Plane and plane figures
- Theorems on Properties of angles at a Point
- Sides and angles of a triangle
- Congruency of triangles
- Parallel lines
- Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square
- Similar triangles
- Concurrence of medians and altitudes
- Circles and its properties including tangents and normal,
- Areas of squares
- Areas of figures which Can be split up into these figures (Field Book)
- Triangle and circle
- Surface area and Volume of spheres
- Surface area and volume of cuboids
- Lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders
- Graphical representation
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data
- Frequency Polygons
- Measures of central tendency
- Histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc.
Along with the syllabus of CDS 2020, aspirants should have the complete details of examination pattern. Refer the below table for more details
CDS Exam Pattern for IMA, INA, AFA
|General Knowledge||2 hrs||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hrs||100|
CDS Exam Pattern for OTA
|General Knowledge||2 hrs||100|
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for complete details on UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020..!!