SBI Clerk 2019 Preparation Tips– The State Bank of India is all set to conduct the SBI Clerk Exam 2019 to fill up a huge vacancy of posts under Clerical Cadre in the bank. As notified by the bank, the Preliminary exam is going to be held tentatively in the month of March/ April 2019. Now, it’s time for the aspirants to go extra miles for the preparation of SBI Clerical Cadre Exam 2019.
First of all, you need to be very clear about the exam pattern as this helps you to decide on how much time to give to each section and which section will be scoring for you. The SBI Clerk 2019 Exam will be conducted in two phases – Preliminary exam (Phase I) and Main Exam (Phase II).
- In phase I – SBI Clerk 2019 Prelim Exam, there will be a total 100 questions divided into three sections viz. English Language, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. Aspirants will have to solve all these questions in 60 minutes (one hour) only. Since there will be 1 marks for each question, the total marks are 100.
- The SBI Clerk 2019 Main (Phase II) Exam will be of 200 marks, consisting of 200 questions of 1 marks each, and the exam will have four sections such as General/Financial Awareness, General English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude. Total time duration of the Main exam will be 2 hours and 40 minutes.
Aspirants, please note that both the exams – prelim and main, will be conducted in online mode.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||Composite time of 60 Minutes (1Hour)|
SBI Clerk 2019 Main Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
SBI Clerk 2019 Preparation Tips
Now, one thing an aspirant of SBI Clerk 2019 Exam should keep in mind that the hard work, determination, regular study, and perseverance are what that pave the road to success in banking exams. If you think you’re ready to add these four key ingredients in your SBI Clerk 2019 Exam preparation, nothing can keep you from conquering the world of banking exams. So here are some SBI Clerk 209 Preparation Tips, compiled by a team of experts, which will help you crack the upcoming SBI Clerk prelim exam.
- Read a lot- Read newspapers and magazines on a regular basis and keep yourself abreast with the latest happening around the world including your country. Remember the main exam will have General Awareness section that will require you to have the knowledge of current affairs. This is one Preparation Tip of SBI Clerk 2018 Exam that will help you in the long run also for future exams as well.
- Get through the SBI Clerk syllabus thoroughly. It is imperative for aspirants to be aware of the syllabus and start with the preparation accordingly. Try to cover each and every topic mentioned in the syllabus and leave no stone unturned.
- Before embarking on the preparation, you must arrange all the necessary resources or study material such as books, practice papers, syllabus, notes etc. If possible, work on these materials with your peer group as in group study you can clarify your doubts easily on time. Also, listen to and watch some recorded lectures, easily available on youtube and other such preparatory websites.
4. Time Management is the most essential for the Prelims. There will be no use of being a master in all the topics if you cannot solve the questions in time. Therefore, you need to develop your time management skills. Please remember that the ration of the question to time in the SBI Clerk Prelim Exam is below 1, so you have to fix a certain time to solve for each question. It is advised to skip questions which you find time-consuming and better try to solve them later when you would have been through the all the questions and have solved as many easy questions as you can have. Learn shortcuts to solve reasoning and quantitative questions in seconds.
5. Read the questions very carefully before starting to solve them because a misread question will only lead you to waste your time.
6. Last but not the least, practice rigorously solving different type of questions from all the topics in order to be able to attempt maximum questions in each section because merely qualifying in each section will not be enough; remember you have to attain an overall cutoff as high as you can.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for latest updates on SBI Clerk 2019 Preparation Tips..!!