How to Become a Teacher in India- Knowledge is required to achieve success in life and which is acquired by a teacher. A teacher plays a vital role in the development of the country and society by illuminating the lights of knowledge. The teacher contributes a lot to forming a student’s career. Teaching becomes the largest profession now, we have found various types of teachers who can solve the difficulties of the students.
By acquiring general education, able to teach basic education such as reading, writing, communication skills but being a perfect teacher you need to train yourself in another level. Teacher gives academic knowledge and experience. To make a career in teaching is an excellent choice. Many teachers specialised in different subjects like Mathematics, English, Science, Sports and so on. They train themselves to be perfect for the above-specialised subjects.
Who is a Teacher?
A teacher teaches the student, it gives scholarly knowledge and improves mental and physical skills. He/ She is a guide who helps in overall development of a child. The teacher can teach in the government sector or a private sector. The special children are also taught by specialised educators. There are several types of teacher instance Pre-primary School Teacher, Primary School Teacher, High School Teacher. Being a teacher required passion for their work and students.
Eligibility to Become A Teacher in India
To spread the knowledge in the world first candidates need to be eligible for this. Different eligibility and qualifications are required here. We have discussed the same below.
- Candidates must have a B.Ed degree i.e Bachelor’s of Education, with this degree you are eligible for teaching up to class 10+2 students. The candidate’s percentage should be above 55% and every school has its standards of quality.
- Having a Master’s Degree is very beneficial for the candidates. You can apply for the higher classes.
- For taking admission in B.Ed College, you have to clear some national and state-level examinations.
- Apart from this candidates can also choose the BTC (Basic Training Certificate) or Diploma in Education (D.Ed) and Teacher Training Certificate.
- For getting a government teaching job, candidates have to clear the CTET exam (Central Teaching Eligibility Test) conducted by the Central Government or TET (Teacher Eligibility Test) is a state government conducted requirement test . And every category must have to secure at least 60% in this exam. It is conducted by the CBSE for appointing a teacher from class 1 to 8.
Types of Teacher in India
Aspirants can choose their career in teaching. You can choose to be a primary, secondary and other forms of the job as a teacher. Every position in the field of teaching is rewarded and being devoted to your profession is the best way to serve yourself to the students. These are some job roles for the teachers.
Elementary School Teachers: They deal with the 3 to 5 years old children. They prepare classroom materials for fun activities. Teachers give basic education to children.
Primary School Teachers: They teach students from class 6th to 8th, their work to prepare a lesson plan, development of children’s knowledge and to conduct other curricular.
Secondary School Teacher: High Secondary School Teachers play a vital role to make the future of the students. They teach standard 9th to 12th. In high secondary school, there are specialised teachers of the respective subjects. Generally, teachers have completed their master’s degree in their interested subject.
Special Teachers: Their job description is to teach several subjects and general education. They teach basic skills and different patterns of methods to make them easy for the students.
Librarian: A librarian manages the storages and organisations of books and other pieces of documents and records.
Top B.Ed Colleges in India
Candidates belonging to any stream (Arts, Commerce and Science) can pursue B.Ed. Here we have shared a few B.Ed Colleges which are listed below.
- Lady Irwin College, Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University(BHU), Varanasi
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, Delhi
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Kasturi Ram College for Higher Education, Delhi
- Delhi University (DU), Delhi
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi
- University of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
B.Ed College Fees Structure
The fees formats give you an idea of money so that you can prepare the target. You can check the fees of different campus which are listed below:
|Institute name||Fees Configuration|
|Kingston Educational Institute, Kolkata||Rs. 1.2 L|
|Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune||Rs. 1.21 L|
|Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi||Rs. 6.89 K|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi||Rs. 1.58 L|
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||Rs. 2.44 L – 2.68 L|
|Assam University, Silchar||Rs. 76.52 K|
Teacher: Employment Opportunity
Teachers have several employment opportunities to work in various sectors. Here we have mentioned sources of employment in teaching.
- Private School
- Government School
- Public School
- State Government Schools
- Art Colleges and Music Schools
- Colleges and Universities
Teacher Salary in India
The range of salary in private sectors depends upon the organization but monthly basis payment is around Rs. 15,000 which is 18 % of the national average in India.
The teacher’s salaries in the government of India can range from Rs. 23,000 to Rs. 1,09,832.
Skills Required to become a Teacher
This is a great path to fulfil the hope of the people by helping as a teacher. A teacher must have these proficiency to get success in their career which is given below.
- Leadership quality
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to teach
- Interpersonal Skills
- Emotional intelligence
Stay Connected with StudyGrades to Know Best Career Options in India!