CAT Exam Pattern 2021– IIMs will release the exam pattern of CAT 2022 in the month of July 2022. CAT 2022 Exam pattern consists of CAT total marks, number of question, test duration and more. As per CAT exam pattern, the exam is an online based aptitude test where the candidates are required to answer a total of 100 questions within a time limit of 180 minutes. CAT 2022 will be conducted in November 2022 for admission into various management courses. We have provided the complete details of CAT paper pattern 2022 as per last year’s details. Lakhs of aspiring candidates apply for the CAT Exam every year, there is no doubt about the pressure to perform well and get the highest score. Hence, getting complete details of CAT 2022 Exam pattern and syllabus is one of the important concerns for the aspirants.
The question paper will have 03 different sections, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VAR), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Quantitative Ability (QA). Since this is a computer based test, there is no scope of extension of time limit. Those who want to make it to the best IIMs and Business Schools in the country need to not only adhere to the time limit but also score high in the test. A better understanding of the CAT 2022 Examination Pattern will ease out the pressure.
CAT Exam Pattern 2022
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration in minutes|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VAR)||34||102||60|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||32||96||60|
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||34||102||60|
CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- The duration of the examination is 180 minutes.
- Each question carries 3 marks and a wrong answer will be negatively marked by 1 mark.
- However, there is no deduction of marks for any question left answered but the candidate will by default lose the 3 marks entitled to that question.
- Candidates will not receive any break between the exam and have to remain seated till they complete their test. Once they have given all the answers they can click on submit.
- There are sectional constraints in the exam as the test is divided into three sections. One of the things to be kept in mind is that while the candidates might finish a section before the given time they still need to remain seated and wait for the time limit to be over before they move on to the next section.
Ration of CAT 2022 MCQs and Non- MCQs
|S. No.||Section||Number of Questions||No. of Non-MCQs|
|1||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VAR)||34||10|
|2||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||32||8|
|3||Quantitative Ability (QA)||34||5|
|1||Reading Comprehension||Bar Graph & Pie Charts||Trigonometry|
|3||English Grammar||Binary Logics||Geometry|
|4||Synonyms Antonyms||Blood Relations||Ratio and Proportion|
|5||Cloze Passage||Tables||Numerical Series|
Stay Connected With StudyGrades For Latest Updates on CAT Exam Pattern 2022.!!