CAT Exam Pattern 2018– IIM will hold the CAT 2018 on 25 November 2018 for admission in to various management courses. The exam pattern of CAT 2018 has been released on its official website. We have also provided the complete details of CAT 2018 pattern here, as lakhs of aspiring candidates apply for CAT Exam every year, there is no doubt about the pressure to perform well and get the highest score. Hence, getting complete details of CAT 2018 Exam pattern and syllabus is one of the important concerns for the aspirants. CAT Exam pattern 2018 consists of CAT Exam total marks, number of question, test duration and more.
The question paper will have 03 different sections, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VAR), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Quantitative Ability (QA). The CAT 2018 is an online based aptitude test where the candidates are required to answer a total of 100 questions within a time limit of 180 minutes. Since this is a computer based test, there is no scope of extension of time limit. Those who want to make it to the best IIMs and Business Schools in the country need to not only adhere to the time limit but also score high in the test. A better understanding of the CAT 2018 Examination Pattern will ease out the pressure.
CAT Exam Pattern 2018
|S. No.||Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration in minutes|
|1||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VAR)||34||102||60|
|2||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||32||96||60|
|3||Quantitative Ability (QA)||34||102||60|
- The duration of the examination is 180 minutes.
- Each question carries 3 marks and a wrong answer will be negatively marked by 1 mark.
- However, there is no deduction of marks for any question left answered but the candidate will by default lose the 3 marks entitled to that question
- The candidates will not receive any break between the exam and have to remain seated till they complete their test. Once they have given all the answers they can click on submit.
- There are sectional constraints in the exam as the test is divided into three sections. One of the things to be kept in mind is that while the candidates might finish a section before the given time they still need to remain seated and wait for the time limit to be over before they move on to the next section.
Ration of CAT MCQs and Non- MCQs
|S. No.||Section||Number of Questions||No. of Non-MCQs|
|1||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VAR)||34||10|
|2||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||32||8|
|3||Quantitative Ability (QA)||34||5|
|1||Reading Comprehension||Bar Graph & Pie Charts||Trigonometry|
|3||English Grammar||Binary Logics||Geometry|
|4||Synonyms Antonyms||Blood Relations||Ratio and Proportion|
|5||Cloze Passage||Tables||Numerical Series|
Stay Connected With StudyGrades For Latest Updates on CAT Exam Pattern 2018..!!