CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018– IIMs will release the final CAT 2018 eligibility conditions along with the official notification in July 2018. Candidates who fulfill the CAT exam eligibility 2018 will be able to submit their application form. There is no CAT eligibility age limit to apply for the test. However, only candidates who have qualified the graduation exam with minimum 50% marks are eligible to submit CAT Application form 2018, to be released in August 2018. Candidates should note that IIMs may verify candidates’ eligibility at different stages of the selection procedure. Here, we have mentioned the complete eligibility of CAT 2018 on the basis of previous year’s details for the convenience of the candidates. The final terms and modification in eligibility will be updated after official release. For details CAT Eligibility 2018 read the article
The Indian Institute of Management, popularly known as IIM is the official conducting body of the Common Aptitude Test also known as CAT. This is one of the most widely taken exams and has lakhs of candidates appearing for the test every year.
CAT Eligibility 2018 Age Limit
There is no age limit to apply for CAT Examination. Candidates should satisfy the educational qualification only.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018- Educational Qualification
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recongized university or college. Final year candidates are also eligible to take the CAT Exam.
- The candidates must have procured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA in their graduation. The candidates belonging to reserved categories such as SC, ST, and PWD categories must have qualified the degree with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks.
- Candidates appearing for the final year examination can also apply for CAT 2018. However, if selected, they should submit a certificate from the Principal / Registrar of their University/institution mentioning that they have completed all the necessities for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent.
While submitting the CAT 2018 application form, candidates should fulfill the below mentioned conditions
- Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with required marks
- Obtained Professional Degree with required marks
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s Degree with requisite marks percentage
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018- Reservation Policy
- There are 15% seats reserved for the Scheduled Castes among the 20 IIMS located at different cities in the country.
- About 27% seats are reserved for the Other Backward Classes or OBCs.
- Then about 7.5% seats are reserved for the Scheduled Tribes or ST category.
- Starting from the year 2015, there has been a provision made for transgender candidates to apply for CAT as well. This is a great breakthrough providing equal opportunity in the field of education.
While almost 2 lakh candidates appear for the CAT across the country that then go on to get through the IIMs and top notch Business schools. It is one of the most leading competitive exams in India for Management studies.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for Latest Updates on CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018..!!