AILET 2019 – National Law University, Delhi conducts All India Law Entrance Test for admission into B.A.LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M. and Ph.D. programmes offered by law colleges affiliated under NLU-D. AILET 2019 Notification and online application forms were released on 04 January 2019. Candidates who have passed their 10+2 examinations with minimum 50% marks can apply online for AILET Exam till 08 April 2019. The AILET exam fee is Rs.3,050/- for General Candidates and Rs.1,050/- for SC/ST/
Courses Offered & Number of Seats –
|S.No||Courses||Duration||No. Of Seats|
|1||B.A.LL.B. (Hons.)||05 Years||80 (including 10 seats for Foreign Nationals on merit)|
|2||LL.M||01 Year||80 (including 10 seats for Foreign Nationals on merit)|
AILET 2019- An Overview
|Exam Name||All India Law Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known As||AILET|
|Exam Level||All-India level|
|Conducted By||National Law College, Delhi|
|Exam Mode||Online or Computer-Based Mode|
|Exam Type||Objective Type Questions|
AILET 2019 Exam Dates
NLU, Delhi has released all AILET exam dates. Check the below table to get all dates
|S.No||EVENTS||AILET 2019 Dates|
|1||AILET 2019 Notification Release Date||4 January 2019|
|2||Start Date of AILET Registration||4 January 2019|
|3||Last date to submit application form||8 April 2019|
|4||Release of AILET Admit Card||22 April 2019|
|5||AILET 2019 Exam date||5 May 2019 (10:00AM to 11:30AM)|
|6||AILET Result Date for [BA.LL.B (Hons.)]||24 May 2019|
|7||Release of admission letter (1st list)||24 May 2019|
|8||Last Date to deposit counseling fee for 1st list||13 June 2019|
|9||Spot Counselling Date||25 June 2019|
|10||Last Date to deposit counseling fee||5 July 2019|
|11||Admission Closing Date||25 July 2019|
|12||Interview Date||Last Week of July 2019|
|13||Orientation programme Date||Last Week of July 2019|
|14||Start of Classes||01 August 2019|
|15||Declaration of AILET Result for LLM||02 July 2019|
|16||Declaration of AILET Result for Ph.D||16 July 2019|
AILET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, candidates are suggested to read the complete eligibility criteria. The exam authority will cancel the applications for ineligible candidates.
Age-limit- There is no age-limit to apply for AILET 20-19.
|1||B.A.LL.B. (Hons.)||Candidates must have qualified Senior Secondary School Exam or Equivalent Examination with minimum 50% marks. Candidates appearing in 2019 are also eligible for AILET|
|2||LL.M||Candidates must have passed LL.B. or an Equivalent Law Degree with minimum 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/Pwd). Candidates appearing in final year LL.B. exams in 2019 are also eligible.|
|3||Ph.D||Candidates must have passed LL.M. Degree with minimum 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/Pwd).|
AILET 2019 Application form
Candidates satisfying the above mentioned eligibility norms can apply for the test. The online application forms are available on the official website of Institute from 04 January 2019. The last date to submit the filled applications with the fee and required documents is 8 April 2019. Follow the given steps to submit the AILET application form
- Click the above link and read the complete instructions carefully
- Select the option “Create New Account”
- Enter you Email ID, Password, Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address, Mobile Number and other details.
- Click on “Create Account”
- Login again with Email ID & Password and complete the AILET application form with relevant information
- Upload the asked documents in mentioned specification
- Pay the application fee through online mode or by Cash at post offices
- Now, lastly submit the application form online and download the confirmation page generated after the final submission for future use.
AILET Exam Fee-
Candidates have to pay the application fee either by online mode or by cash at a post office. The list of post officies is given below.
- For General Candidates- Rs.3,050/-
- For SC/ST/ PwD candidates- Rs.1,050/-
AILET 2019 Exam Centres
AILET 2019 Exam Pattern
- The test duration is 01 hour 30 minutes
- The question paper will be developed in English and Hindi language.
- All the questions asked are of Multiple Choice Questions. There will be a total of 150 marks
- Only mode to take the test is online.
- For each correct answer, 01 mark will be awarded however, for each in correct response. 0.25 marks will be deducted.
AILET Exam Pattern for BA LLB
|S.No||Sections||No. of questions||Marks|
AILET Exam Pattern for LLM
|S.No||Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|3.||Other Subjects + Essay||50||50|
AILET 2019 Seat Reservation-
Check the category-wise seat reservation below-
|1||Scheduled Caste (SC)||15 percent|
|2||Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5 percent|
|3||Persons with Disabilities||5 percent|
AILET 2019 Admit card
The AILET Admit card will be released online on 22 April 2019. Candidates should carry their admit card in the exam hall. AILET 2019 admit card contains candidate’s name, exam center, examination timing, etc. Candidates will be able to download their admit card by login to their account. After downloading the admit card, take a printout of the same.
- Visit the official website of NLU, Delhi to download their Admit cards.
- Enter your credentials to open the account.
- The admit card will appear on your screen
- Download a copy of admit card and bring a print out while taking the test.
AILET 2019 Syllabus
Check the important topics that candidates should prepare for the test-
|English||General Knowledge||Metal Ability||Legal Aptitude|
|Vocabulary testing||Current affairs||Series completion||International and criminal laws|
|Reading passages||History||Blood relations||General awareness of Law|
|Fill in the blanks||Geography||Logical Venn diagrams||Constitutional Law|
|Tenses||Economics||Direction sense test||IPR|
|Synonyms and antonyms||General science||Coding and decoding|
|Idioms and phrases|
AILET 2019 Result
The result of AILET will be available on the official website on 24 May 2019, 2 July and 16July 2019, respectively for BA LLB, LLM & PhD. courses. Along with the result, admission list 1 and call letters will be uploaded on the website. Selected candidates have to pay the admission fee by 13 June 2019 to claim their seat.
AILET 2019 Counseling
National Law University, Delhi will update the schedule of counselling and call letter on its main web portal, after declaring the result. Candidates will have to visit the campus and fill their preferences. Based on the score and rank of the candidates, seats will be allotted. Candidates need to pay the admission fee before 13 June 2019 along with the required documents. The students will get all the information for the Counseling process which will be conducted by after the result declaration of AILET 2019.
The documents required are-
- AILET 2019 score-card and admit card copy
- Class 10th and 12th Marksheet & Passing Certificate
- Character certificate
- Transfer certificate
- DD drawn in favour of Law College.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for Latest Admission News 2019!!