HP Board 10th Syllabus 2020-21- Himachal Pradesh Board of Secondary Education has released the HPBOSE 10th syllabus 2021 on its official website. Students can download the syllabus in pdf format from hpbose.org. The syllabus of HP Board 10th 2020-21 contains topic-wise details of subjects. Knowing the HP Board 10th 2021 syllabus helps students to understand their needs, and plan their studies according to their requirements. Students will be able to know about the topics that need more attention and hard work. Thus, they will become more productive and effective and will score good marks in the exam. Read the article to know more about HPBOSE 10th syllabus 2021.
HP Board 10th Syllabus 2020-21 for English
The HPBOSE 10th English syllabus will help the students hone their reading and writing skills. The English paper will comprise questions from reading, writing, grammar, and not to mention, the prescribed textbooks. Students can refer to the table to know about the class 10 English syllabus.
HP Board 10th English Syllabus
|Reading||Two Unseen Passages comprising short answer questions and multiple-choice questions.||17 Marks|
|Text Book||Prose and poem lessons from First Flight (Reader) and Supplementary Reader.||33 Marks|
HP Board 10th Syllabus 2020-21 for Mathematics
The class 10 Mathematics paper covers chapters from Number System, Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Statistics, and Probability. Students preparing for HP Board 10th Mathematics exam should practise the subject daily for at least an hour. They can refer to the detailed syllabus below.
HP Board 10th Mathematics Syllabus
|Number System||Real Numbers||5 Marks|
|Coordinate Geometry||Lines in two dimensions||7 Marks|
|Statistics and Probability||
HP Board 10th Syllabus 2020-21 for Science
The Science syllabus has been bifurcated into four units, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Environment Education. While the exam paper shall be of 60 marks, 25 marks are for practical work. The detailed class 10 science syllabus along with the list of practicals has been given below.
HP Board 10th Science Syllabus
|The World of Living||
|How Things Work and Natural Phenomena||
Some of the experiments have been mentioned in the list below:
HP Board 10th Syllabus 2020-21 for Social Science
The 10th Social Science Syllabus has been divided into five units, History, Geography, Civics, Economics, and Disaster Management. Besides memorizing and understanding the chapters and topics, students need to pay attention to map practice as well. The detailed HPBOSE 10th syllabus is given below.
HP Board 10th Social Science Syllabus
|India and the Contemporary World||1. The Rise of Nationalism in Europe2. The Nationalist Movement in Indo-China3. Nationalism in India4. The Making of a Global world5. The Age of Industrialization6. Work, Life and Leisure-Cities in the Contemporary World7. Print culture and the Modern World8. Novels, Society and History||21 Marks|
|India-Resources and their Development||1. India- Resources and their Development2. Forest and Wildlife Resources3. Water Resource4. Agriculture5. Mineral, and Energy Resources6. Lifelines of National Economy7. Manufacturing Industries8. Map|
|Democratic Politics II||1. Power Sharing 2. Federalism3. Democracy and Diversity4. Gender, Religion, and Caste 5. Popular Struggles and Movements6. Political Parties7. Outcomes of Democracy8. Challenges to Democracy||14 Marks|
|Understanding Economics-II||1. Development2. Sectors of the Indian Economy3. Money and Credit4. Globalization and the Indian Economy5. Consumer Rights||15 Marks|
|Disaster Management||–||10 Marks|
HP Board 10th Textbooks 2020-21
The list of textbooks prescribed for HP Board matric exams 2020 is given below. Students must go through them and use them for preparations. The textbooks have been designed in a way that the study of board exams will become easy for the students.
Prescribed textbooks for HP Board 10th Exam
|English||First FlightFootprints without Feet|
|Mathematics||Ganit, Published by HP Board of Secondary Education|
|Science||Vigyan, Published by HP Board of Secondary EducationScience, Published by HP Board of Secondary Education|
|Social Science||Published by HP Board of Secondary Education|
HP Board 10th Exam Pattern 2021
Besides going through the HPBOSE 10th syllabus, students must go through the HP Board 10th exam pattern as well. Knowing the exam pattern will help the students will become familiar with the exam, and will boost their confidence. It will enable the students to prepare for the exam accordingly.
HPBOSE 10th Marking Scheme
|English||85 Marks||–||15 Marks|
|Mathematics||85 Marks||–||15 Marks|
|Science||60 Marks||25 Marks||15 Marks|
|Social Science||85 Marks||–||15 Marks|
|Total Marks: 100 Marks|
How to Prepare HPBOSE 10th Syllabus 2020-21?
- Students should go through the entire syllabus at the beginning of the session, such that they familiarize themselves with the structure of the course.
- Students must make a list of topics and points mentioned in the HPBOSE 10th syllabus. This will help them save their time and will prevent them from paying attention to unnecessary points and topics.
- It is important for students to understand the HP Board 10th syllabus and the marks allotted to various sections. This will enable the students to accordingly decide how much time they should give to each section.
Benefits of HP Board 10th Syllabus 2020-21
- HPBOSE 10th syllabus 2020-21 contains the list of topics and concepts that need to be covered. It also contains the details of marks allotted to various sections. Knowing the syllabus will help the students improvise a strategy and pay adequate attention to important sections and topics.
- The board syllabus contains a design of the question paper and gives students an idea of the marks distribution in the paper.
- The 10th exam papers are designed according to the HP Board 10th 2021 syllabus. Thus, knowing the syllabus and preparing according to it will help the students perform well in HP Board 10th result.
HP Board 10th Exam- Important Tips
- Aim to finish your HP 10th exam syllabus 2021 by the month of December, such that you have sufficient time for revisions.
- Utilize the months of January and February practising the question papers, such you are hundred percent prepared for the exams.
- Go through the date sheet, and memorize the important dates of the exam.
- Stay hydrated and eat healthily. Keep your mind fresh, and engage yourself in recreational activities.