West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2020- WBPSC has released the syllabus of West Bengal Judicial Service 2020 exam. Candidates can download the West Bengal Judicial Service 2020 syllabus from the official website of WBPSC- wbpsc.gov.in. West Bengal Civil Judge syllabus 2020 comprises important topics and chapters that candidates should cover before appearing in the exam. The judicial services exam syllabus has topics from Law, General Knowledge and English language. Read the article to know all topics of West Bengal judicial service syllabus 2020 for prelims and main exam. Candidates can also download the West Bengal judiciary syllabus pdf from below given link.
West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2020 (Prelims)
Below is the section of West Bengal Judicial Service prelims syllabus 2020 along with the marks distribution. Knowing the complete West Bengal judiciary syllabus 2020 helps in better exam preparation. Hence, it suggested to complete the syllabus of West Bengal Judicial Service 2020 without skipping any topic.
West Bengal Judicial Service Prelims Syllabus 2020
|English Composition||30 Marks|
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Test of Reasoning||40 Marks|
|Indian Constitution||20 Marks|
|Laws of Evidence||20 Marks|
|Law of Contracts and Torts||20 Marks|
|Civil Procedure Codes||20 Marks|
|Personal Law||10 Marks|
|Criminal Procedure Code and Indian Penal Code||20 Marks|
|Law of Limitation||20 Marks|
Click here to download the West Bengal Civil Judge Syllabus PDF
West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2020 (Main)
In the final exam, candidates have to choose 8 compulsory subjects and three option subjects. The difficulty level of the main exam will be of LLB level. Candidates have to answer the questions in English or Bengali. The total marks of each paper will be 100.
West Bengal Judicial Service Main Syllabus 2020-
- English Composition, essay, précis writing
- Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali composition, essay and translation from English into Bengali/Hindi/Urdu /Nepali/Santali
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Civil procedure Code
- Criminal Procedure Code and Indian Penal Code
- Indian Evidence Act
- Law of Contracts and Torts
- Transfer of Property Act
Optional Subjects (any 3)
- Hindu Law
- Muhammadan Law
- Partnership Act
- Jurisprudence and principles of legislation
- Indian Law relating to Companies and Insurance
- Principles of Equity including the Law of Trusts and Specific Relief
- The Indian Constitution and Constitutional Law
- Law of Limitation and Law of Prescription
West Bengal Judicial Service 2020 Exam Pattern
Along with the west bengal civil judge syllabus 2020, candidates should have the details of exam pattern including the time duration, total number of marks and more.
- West Bengal Judicial Service Prelims Exam is an objective-type exam.
- The preliminary exam will contain 200 Multiple Choice Questions.
- The duration of prelims is 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The topic-wise marks distribution is provided above.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for Latest Updates on West Bengal Judicial Service Syllabus 2020