Fashion Designing Course– Lakhs of students want to pursue course in Fashion Designing. However, only a few are aware of complete details of Fashion Designing. Here, we have summarised all necessary details related to Fashion Designing courses like fee, college, eligibility, future scope and more. Fashion designing is the art of designing the clothes and accessories. Fashion designing is one of the lucrative career options that give a formal education for the course.
Fashion Designing Course- Eligibility
Candidates must satisfy the given eligibility norms to get admission in Fashion designing course in India which include:
Aspirants needs to have at least 50% marks in class 12th to apply for Fashion designing course. Along with this, candidate needs to appear for the entrance exam for the particular institute. Students who clear the exam needs to appear for group discussion and personnel interview round.
Types of Fashion Designing Course
- Certificate courses: These are the 6-12 month certificate course after class 12th
- Undergraduate courses in fashion technology
- Diploma Courses in Fashion Designing Course
Top Colleges Offering Fashion Designing Course
- NIFT, Delhi: It is fashion designing institute established in 1986 by the ministry of textile. It is the oldest and richest institute of print and non-print material. Various courses that are being taught at NIFT include BDes Fashion Design, BDes Textile Design, B Tech in Apparel Production and PhD Programs in Design etc.
- NIFT, Mumbai: NIFT was established in 1995 in Mumbai. NIFT is famous for great infrastructure, and up to date labs. The various courses offered at NIFT, Mumbai are BDes Accessory design, BDes Fashion design, B. Tech Apparel production etc.
- NIFT, Bengaluru: NIFT is famous for great infrastructure, fully equipped with lecture rooms, and up to date labs. The various courses offered at NIFT, Bengaluru are BDes Accessory design, BDes Fashion design, BDes Textile design, B. Tech Apparel production etc.
- Pearl Academy, Delhi: Pearl academy, Delhi was established in 1993. The institute is promoted by the famous House of Pearl Fashions. The institute offers various courses which include BA fashion design, BS fashions styling and image design, BA interior product design, BA jewelry design etc.
- NIFT, Chennai: The institute offers state of the art facilities. NIFT, Chennai offers various courses which include BDes fashion design, BDes leather design, BDes Textile design etc.
- NIFT, Patna: The institute was established in 2008. The institute offers various courses which include BDes fashion design, BDes Accessory design, BDes Textile design, Bachelor of Fashion Technology etc.
- NIFT, Hyderabad: The institute was established in 1995. The institute offers various courses which include BDes fashion design, BDes Accessory design, BDes Textile design, BDes Knitwear design etc.
- NIFT, Mohali: The institute was established in 1995. The institute offers various courses which include BSc fashion design, BSc Textile design, BSc Fashion design knits.
- NIFT-TEA college of Knitwear fashion: The college offers diploma, graduate and post-graduate courses in fashion, garment and management industry. The various courses include BSc Apparel fashion designing, BSc fashion apparel management. etc.
- NIFT, Kolkata: The institute was established in 1995. It provides various courses in BDes fashion design, BDes leather design, BDes Accessory design etc.
Other than the above institutes, there are various other good institutes in India providing course in fashion designing.
Future Scope of Fashion designing:
fashion designing has a high demand and good future prospects in India. A person who is creative and has interest in fashion designing and go for this course. You can work as a fashion consultant, a fashion stylist.
You can also work in fashion in a merchandising house as a quality management officer or work as a fabric buyer. You can also work as a production house manager in a fashion house.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for Latest Course Guide!