XAT 2020- After CAT, Xavier’s Aptitude Test (XAT) is the most sought after management entrance test. XAT 2020 is likely to be conducted in first week of January 2020 to get admission in XAT Associate Member Institutes and other 150 Business Schools such as FORE School of Management, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Goa Institute of Management, JIMS, MISB Bocconi, K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, etc. XAT 2020 Notification is expected to be issued in the month of July 2019. Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2020 is an online national level management entrance exam.
Management aspirants who have obtained a recognized Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline are eligible to apply for XAT 2020. The online registration will be commenced from 1st week of September 2019 on its official website, www.xatonline.in. We will provide the direct access to registration link on this page. Read the article for complete details on XAT-
XAT 2020 Important Dates
A list of tentative XAT 2020 exam dates are available below. The dates are formed on the basis of previous year’s details. Final XAT Exam dates will be updated after the release of notification-
|S.No||Event||XAT 2020 Important Dates (Tentative)|
|1||XAT Notification Release Date||Last week of July 2019|
|2||Start of Online registration||1st week of September 2019|
|3||Last date to submit filled XAT 2020 application form||2nd week of December 2019|
|4||XAT Admit Card Download Availability||3rd week of December 2019|
|5||XAT 2020 Examination Date||1st week of January 2020|
|6||Release of Official Answer Key||2nd week of January 2020|
|7||Release of OMR Answer Sheet||4th week of January 2020|
|8||XAT Result declaration Date||Last week of January 2020|
|9||Cutoff Availability||Last week of January 2020|
|10||Shortlist for Interview||Last week of January 2020|
|11||Last date to update the interview city||Last week of January 2020|
|12||Last date to submit documents for shortlisted candidates||1st week of February 2020|
|13||Interview Slot Booking End date||1st week of February 2020|
|14||Uploading of Self Profile Assessment & Video||2nd week of February 2020|
XAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the XAT 2020. Candidates should read the Xavier Aptitude Test 2020 eligibility carefully–
- There is no age limit to apply for the test.
- Aspirants should be a graduate in any discipline. There is no minimum percentage specification yet.
- The Bachelor’s degree must be of minimum 3 years and obtained from a state or central recognized institute or University.
- Aspirants appearing in the final year can also appear in XAT however, they have to provide the proof of passing the exam by 10 June 2020.
XAT 2020 Application Form
The XAT 2020 online registration link will be made available in mid of August 2019. To complete the XAT application form, candidates have to follow some important steps-
- The application process begins with XAT 2020 registration. Candidates will have to fill necessary information such as name, contact number and email id to register themselves and to create a unique XAT Id & Password.
- After successful registration, login to your account and access the XAT application form. Fill the form with authentic such as education, personal, test cities and other.
- Upon filing the form, thoroughly check the details and move forward to upload a recent passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format and size.
- In the last step, pay the application fee and submit the XAT application form. After successfully submission, a confirmation page will appear on your screen. Download the same for future purpose.
XAT 2020 Application Fee
All applicants should pay a non-refundable application fee through credit/debit card/ internet banking, in cash or through DD to complete the registration process. Check the application fee details here
|XAT Fee (without late fee)||Rs. 1600||Rs. 300 per XLRI course|
|XAT Fee (with late fee)||Rs. 2000||Rs. 500 per XLRI course|
XAT 2020 Admit Card
Aspirants have to bring the admit card of XAT 2020 to the examination hall that as it acts as an identity proof. XLRI will issue the hall ticket to all registered candidates in mid of December 2019. The admit card will be available online on the official website of XAT. Candidates will need their login credentials, i.e. XAT id and password to downloaded XAT hall ticket.
XAT 2020 Test Cities
This National level test is being held across 47 Indian cities and 2 International cities as of now.
XAT 2020 Exam Pattern
According to the previous year’s details, the exam pattern of XAT 2020 in mentioned below. The final pattern will be released along with the notification-
|Sections||Name of sections||No. of questions||Marks for each section||Test Duration|
|1||Verbal and Logical Ability||26||26||170 minutes|
|2||Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning||23||23|
|3||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||29||29|
|Total||78 questions||78 marks|
|General Knowledge||25||25||35 minutes|
|Essay writing||1 essay|
|Total duration of the exam||210 minutes|
XAT 2020 marking scheme will be as follow –
- There will be no negative marking for GK and essay writing
- For marking each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded
- For marking incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted
XAT 2020 Syllabus
Based on the past XAT exam trends, here is the list of topics that candidates should study to prepare for XAT 2020.
|English||General Knowledge & Awareness||Logical Reasoning||Quantitative Analysis|
|Contextual usage||Constitution||Critical reasoning||Geometry|
|Sentence correction||Indian & World Geography||Matrix arrangements||Binomial Expansion|
|Comprehension of passage||Indian & World History||Symbol Based problems||Venn Diagram|
|Fill In the Blanks||Democratic policy||Family tree problem||Probability|
|Verbal Reasoning||Awards & Honors||Statements and assumptions||Trigonometry|
|Analogies||Famous Personalities||Statements and conclusions||Installment Payments|
|Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences||Inventions & Discoveries||Puzzles||Permutations & Combinations|
|Antonyms||Currencies||Coding and decoding||Maxima & Minima Progression|
|Errors in word choice||Languages||Identifying Probably true||Set Theory|
|Punctuation||Sports||identifying valid inferences||Ratios and Proportion|
|Syllogisms||Current Events, etc.||Assertion and reasons||Number system|
|identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments||Median & Mode|
|Visual reasoning, etc.||Time-Speed-Distance, etc.|
XAT 2020 Answer Key
XAT 2020 will be conducted online hence there may be chances that exam authority, XLRI will not release the XAT answer keys. However, some popular MBA coaching institute will release the answer keys on their website. Candidates can use these answer keys to verify their marked answers with the correct response. Candidates can also check their expected XAT scores.
XAT 2020 Result
XLRI will declare the result of XAT in the last week of January 2020. The result link will be available online on the official website of XAT 2020. The result will furnish the overall and section wise marks and rank obtained by the candidates. The exam authority will not send any hard copy of the XAT result to the mailing address on the candidates.
XAT Cutoff 2020
Candidates can check the previous year’s XAT cut off in the given table-
XAT 2020 Participating Institutes
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research
- MISB BOCCONI
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Birla Institute of Management Technology
- Great Lakes Institute of Management
- Indian Institute of Forest Management
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for Latest Updates on XAT 2020!