Hotel Management is one of the demanding professional courses which provide multiple job opportunities after class 12th. Instead of pursuing usual graduation courses, students preferred professional degree or diploma because of a high employability rate. Due to the increasing travel and hospitality industries, the demand for hotel management professionals is also skyrocketing. To help aspirants, here we have compiled some important details and future scope of Hotel Management is provided below. The job opportunities after successfully completing the hotel management course are not restricted to India as candidates may get a chance to explore the world with good salary packages. Students are suggested to get every detail related to the Hotel Management courses before applying for the courses.
Top Hotel Management Entrance Exams
Below table contains a list of top entrance exams for getting admission in Hotel Management courses. Candidates have to qualify the exam with a minimum cut off marks to get admission in desired institute or college.
|Exam Level||Name of entrance exam||Important Dates|
|National level||NCHM JEE||Application- January
|IIHM eCHAT||Application- December
|AIMA UGAT BHM||Application- May
|State level||UPSEE BHMCT||Application- January
|UKSEE BHMCT||Application- January
|MAH CET HM||Application- February
|WB JEHOM||Application- April
|University level||IPU CET BHMCT||Application- March
|PUTHAT||Application- January 2019
Exam- April 2019
Hotel Management Courses & Qualification
There are various courses for hotel management in India which include:
- Certificate courses: These are the 6-12 month certificate course after class 12th
- Diploma courses: This includes 40% marks in 10th or 12th with English as a compulsory subject
- Degree course: This is an undergraduate course after class 12th. The applicant should have scored at least 50% marks in class 12th and English as a compulsory subject
- Postgraduate course: This requires a post-graduate course in hotel management for those who have scored at least 45% in hotel management graduation.
Hotel Management Admission
Admission to hotel management course is through the NCHMCT exam. Most of the institutes provide admission through this course. However, there are certain colleges with their own entrance exams.
List of Hotel Management Colleges in India
Some of the top colleges to pursue hotel management India include:
- Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management, Chandigarh
- Institute of Hotel Management, Jodhpur
- Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata
- Institute of Hotel Management, Lucknow
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management, Chennai
- Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
- Delhi Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management, Goa
- Institute of Hotel Management, Gurdaspur
Hotel Management Salary
The starting salary after pursuing hotel management is between Rs. 15,000/- – 20,000/- while after some gaining experience in a particular domain the salary may rise to Rs. 50,000/- or 60,000/- per month.
Below are the top companies that recruit hotel management professionals-
- Oberoi Group of Hotels
- Ambassador Group of Hotels
- Taj Group of Hotels
- Le Meridien Group of Hotels
- Sarovar Park Group of Hotels
- ITDC Group of Hotels
- K Raheja Group of Hotels
- Jaypee Group of Hotels
Hotel Management Career
Some of the career opportunities for Hotel Management include:
Opportunity to enhance your creativity
Hotel Management requires creativity as while catering to your clients, you need interpersonal skills. Best professionals work hard to win their hearts by using a different strategy and creating a long-lasting experience every time they visit your hotel. It is all about creating a memorable experience for the guests
2. Superb training programs at the best chain of hotels
A degree in Bachelor of hotel management and catering technology will fetch you considerable opportunities at some of the top names in the hotel and hospitality industry. Your on-job training programs will fetch you dream jobs after the completion of course.
You can get an opportunity to get absorbed in the best of chains of hotels at junior management level and then move on to higher levels with your dedication and hard work. The elite names in this chain of hotels include that of The Taj, ITC, Oberoi, etc.
3. Huge scope of making a career at an international platform
A course in hotel management will provide you an excellent opportunity to start your career at an international platform. The hands-on training including – restaurant operations, reception management, room divisions, besides your primary hotel management curriculum will prepare you for the global stage. Some colleges also provide a chance for built-in internships at renowned hotels in foreign countries so that you get a chance to learn things practically at the international level. You can do your internships anywhere in the world and develop your cultural articulacy and global exposure to put it to practice when you get to go on after the course completion.
4. Ample job opportunities in related areas
Besides having one of the highest paying career options, A hotel management course also provides numerous opportunities in related fields like airline cabin and catering services, cruise ship hotel management, cafeteria operations, guest houses, hospital administration, catering departments of railways, shipping companies, armed forces, banks, forest lodges, etc. You can also start your own business by having relevant exposure and experience.
5. Job opportunities in other sectors
Apart from working in popular hotel chains, one can apply in various other sectors like banking, Airline, cabin services, Guesthouses, forest lodges, cruise, railways, and shipping companies.