What is the future scope of B.Sc. Agriculture- A 4 –year under-graduate degree program, B.Sc. Agriculture is based on the newer techniques used in agriculture sciences, Water management, Poultry management, Biotechnology etc. The purpose of the agriculture management is to help improve the productivity of crops, agricultural output. B.Sc. Agriculture includes various courses which include Agronomy, Plant genetics, Soil sciences, agricultural engineering etc.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc. Agriculture
The eligibility criteria for getting admissions to B.Sc. Agriculture include:
- Student should have 10+2 Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from the recognized board.
- Student should have scored at least 40% -50% percentage marks in 10+2. The minimum eligibility percentage for admissions varies from college to college.
- Candidate should also have appeared for State level entrance exam to get into a good college.
One can apply to the course if they have eligibility criteria met and they also need to apply for the courses by applying for the particular states entrance exam and getting qualifying marks.
Top Colleges for B. Sc. Agriculture
- National Daily Research Institute (NDRI): NDRI is located in karnal (Haryana) and was established in 1923. College is known for its courses in newer in Dairy technology. The college has the latest innovative analytical labs and technologies.
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute: IARI institute was started in 1905 and in 1958 also got the status of deemed university. The university has number of research projects to its credit and runs courses in Agricultural, Biochemistry, Horticulture, Food sciences, Floriculture, vegetable sciences etc.
- Punjab agricultural university (Ludhiana): University was established in 1962. The university has courses in various fields in agriculture and agricultural engineering.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University: The university was established in the year 1970.in Hisar (Haryana). The university has college for agriculture and a separate college for agricultural engineering. The university has courses in agricultural and food sciences along with basic sciences
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute: It is a very old institute established in 1889 in Bareily. The college runs courses in animal husbandry, Animal production, Animal and poultry products etc.
- University of Agricultural Sciences: The College was established in 1964 in Bangalore. The institute has courses in Agriculture, horticulture, sericulture, biotechnology, forestry, Biotechnology, agricultural engineering etc.
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural Sciences: Established in 1971 in Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu). It has various courses in Agriculture, Horticulture, Agricultural Engineering, Forestry, Sericulture etc.
- G B Pant University of Agriculture and Technology: The College was established in 1960 and was located in Pantnagar, Uttarakhand. The college has various courses in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Fishery Sciences, Veterinary and animal Sciences.
- Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University: This College was established on 2005 in Ludhiana (Punjab). The university has various courses in UG, PG and PhD programs in veterinary Science, Dairy Sciences, Fisheries and Biotechnology.
- Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences: This College was established in 1989 in Chennai (Tamilnadu). The university has course in food technology, Poultry processing, Dairy, and animal and fisheries sciences.
Future Scope of B. Sc. Agriculture
There has been lot of development done in Computers and information technology but the requirement and scope in agricultural sciences, livestock management would always be there to sustain the survival of human race. There are many Government and private jobs for the students pursuing B.Sc in Agricultural sciences. There are state level agricultural departments which work towards the development of agriculture production and hire agricultural officers in their department.
Government banks also hire graduates from theses institutes especially in the loan department related to farmers and poultry sector.
Apart from the government jobs, there are a number of private jobs in fertilizer manufacturing unit, plantation industry, food processing unit, agriculture machinery industry. Usually the average salary in the sector is between 2 – 4.5 Lakhs. Production manager or operations manager are some of the other roles that one can work as.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for Latest Updates on What is the future scope of B.Sc. Agriculture!