KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020– IISC (Indian Institute of Science) has released the KVPY 2020 eligibility criteria. Indian students who want to study science courses in India are eligible to apply for KVPY 2020 scholarship. KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020 include minimum marks obtained by the students, minimum qualification, age limit and more. Ineligible candidates will be debarred from appearing in the test. The exam conducting authority will accept the KVPY applications of eligible candidates only.
Candidates should also note that this fellowship will not be offered to the distance or part-time undergraduate courses. Refer the given KVPY eligibility criteria 2020 before filling the form-
Latest- KVPY Application Form 2020 Released.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility conditions required to be fulfilled for the exam are:
- Only students who want to pursue/pursing full-time undergraduate program are eligible for KVPY 2020.
- The candidates can be a student of class X or XII from either government or private school.
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- NRI candidates those who want to pursue their undergraduation in India are also eligible for the exam.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020 for SA Stream
The candidates must have enrolled themselves in the science subjects in class 11 and also have scored a minimum of 75% marks in 10th standard. Relaxation of 10% i.e. 65% to the candidates belonging to the SC, ST, PWD categories. The fellowship will be activated only if the selected candidates join any undergraduate course in Basic Science after having scored a minimum of 60% (50% for the SC, ST, PWD candidates).
During the interim period of one year they will be invited for the National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp and their travel expenses and local hospitality will be met by KVPY.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020 for SX Stream
- The candidates those who enroll themselves in the science subjects in class 12 during 2019-20 and aspire to join the undergraduate program in basic science in 2020-21 provided that they have scored 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) aggregate in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology are eligible for KVPY 2020. Also, they should have qualified Class 10 board exams with a minimum of 60% aggregate (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in Mathematics and Science subjects
- Students who are studying in 2nd year of Cambridge International Examination Board and want to pursue an UG course (i.e/ B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.) in Basic Sciences in the year 2019-20 are eligible to apply. However, they should have attained a minimum aggregate marks of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) in Mathematics and Science subjects. Also, they must have acquired a minimum aggregate marks of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks Science and Mathematics in the XII Board Exam before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.
KVPY 2020 Eligibility Criteria for SB Stream
- Students studying in the 1st year of undergraduate course in Basic Sciences including Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics and Biology leading to B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. .
- Candidates should have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics & SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in the XII Standard Board Examination.
- Candidates must secure 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in the 1st year final exams of B.Sc./B.S./B.Math./B.Stat./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.
It is necessary for the candidates to make sure that they are satisfy all the conditions of Eligibility Criteria of KVPY 2020, otherwise their applications will be cancelled and their application fee will not be refunded as well.
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for Latest Updates on KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020!