CAT syllabus 2022– Candidates preparing for Common Admission Test must know the syllabus of CAT 2022. CAT 2022 Syllabus includes important topics of three sections i.e. Verbal & Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR), and Quantitative Ability (QA). Candidates should prepare all topics of CAT exam syllabus to score good marks in the exam. IIM will release the CAT syllabus pdf along with the official notification at iimcat.ac.in. CAT 2022 is schedule to be held on November 2022. Below mentioned syllabus is created based on previous year’s exam analysis as no official CAT syllabus will be released by the officials.
CAT Syllabus 2022 for VARC
The VARC (Verbal & Reading Comprehension) sections consists 02 parts i.e. Reading Section and Verbal Ability. The question paper will have a total of 34 questions divided comprising 24 MCQs and 10 Non-MCQs.
CAT Syllabus for Reading Comprehension (RC)
- The Reading Comprehension shares 70% of VARC section. There will be total 05 Reading passages including 3 Long and 2 short passages.
- The passages will be based on Current affairs; Literature; Social and Economic issues; Science & Culture; history & fiction, Abstract topics; and more.
- There will be negative marking of 1/ 3rd marks.
- Format of questions: Questions based on information in RC passage; explanation of the words & phrases as used in the passage; In context of the passage –True/false statements; Author’s view on various issues raised in the RC passage; Inference from the passage; main idea of RC passage; Purpose of the RC passage
- According to Past trends, a few important topics are Education System; Status of Languages in 2115; Anthropology /Excruciating Rituals & Reasons; Sustainable Economic Development; Govt. Definition of Poverty and treatment of Household work
CAT Verbal Ability Syllabus 2022
- The Verbal Ability (VA) shares 30% of the VARC section. The section will include 10 questions.
- According to previous year’s question papers, the important topics consists of Fill in the blanks, Grammar, Fact Inference, Para Completion, Judgment, Para Jumble, Verbal Reasoning, Analogies and Reverse Analogies, Sentence Correction, Synonyms Antonyms (Vocabulary Based), etc.
CAT Syllabus 2022 for DILR
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) is an important section of CAT exam which is further divided into 2 parts – Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
The past 2 years trend in CAT syllabus for DILR shows that there are 24 MCQs and 8 Non- MCQs in DILR section of CAT exam. Major topics covered in CAT 2022 syllabus for DILR and Key features of CAT syllabus for DILR are as under-
CAT Data Interpretation (DI) Syllabus 2022
- The Data Interpretation (DI) shares 50% portion of DILR section. There will be 16 questions including 12 MCQs and 04 Non-MCQs
- The important topics for this section are Data Tables, Bar diagrams, Data charts, Pie charts, Data analysis, Graphs and comparison among others.
- Questions are in the set of 4 questions. Questions on interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), venn diagram, are asked. Data could be given in form of tables, charts or graphs. In this section it is tested that how candidates can interpret the given data and answer questions based on it.
- Past trend of topics: Table (Student Pass percentages over 5 years; Comprehension – Marks in Two sections of papers; Films, Launch, Completion, Release and Profits; Table on Consumption of Veg and Non-Veg Protein; Happiness Index: 4 questions based on Table; Kids Learning in Rural Areas: Data table based 4 questions; Flight operation
CAT Logical Reasoning (LR) Syllabus 2022
- The other remaining part of DILR section will be based on Logical Reasoning (LR). This section also includes 16 questions further divided into 12 MCQs and 04 Non-MCQs
- The important topics for this section are Calendars, Clocks, binary logic, seating arrangement, logical sequence, blood relations, Assumption, conclusion, premise, linear and matrix arrangement
- Past trend of topics in CAT IIM Syllabus: Distribution/Arrangement; Venn Diagrams; Arrangement of files in folders; Students using various Trains and the fares for the same; Seating Arrangement; Direction sense for Cars; Ordering items; Burgers/Fries/ Ice Cream
CAT Syllabus 2022 for Quantitative Aptitude
- The Quantitative Aptitude is a vast section that covers almost every topic of class 10th and 11th Mathematics. CAT 2022 syllabus of QA is based on questions on different topics on Arithmetic, Modern Math, Algebra, Mensuration, Geometry, Trignometry and more.
- According to past CAT paper analysis, the section consists of 24 to 27 MCQs and 7 to 10 Non-MCQs.
- CAT Syllabus & Number of questions in Arithmetic: 10 to 12; more emphasis on Arithmetic to promote academic diversity. The main topics are Percentages; LCM and HCF; Interest (Simple and Compound); Profit and Loss; Speed, Time and Distance; Averages; Time and Work; Ratio and Proportion and more.
- The important topics of this section consists of Quadratic Equations; Linear Equations; Complex Numbers; Progressions; Logarithm; Binomial Theorem; Inequalities; Permutation and Combination; Surds and Indices; Probability Functions; Mixtures and Alligations; Geometry; Set Theory; Co-ordinate Geometry; Mensuration, Trigonometry and more
|Topics||Expected Number of Questions|
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for Latest Updates on CAT Syllabus 2022!